Can't Let Go

When did it go wrong, I will never know, I have loved you all my life...

Sitting at the wooden desk painted a coral color, in the corner of my room, I take out a piece of paper and black pen. Getting ready to write down everything I'm thinking and everything I'm feeling. I broke up with him a week ago, something I never wanted to do but knew I had to.

This love, it ain't over yet, There's too much that I haven't said...

Dear Tobias,

I know I broke your heart, and I know how you feel. Because I broke my own heart that day.

Don't think that I wanted to do this, don't think that you did something, don't think that I don't love you. Because I love you more than words can say.

Oooh sometimes I feel like I'm in the dark, Oooh I thought I died in your arms...

I met you years ago, but it feels like just yesterday I saw you and knew it wouldn't be the end. Not some one time meeting.

We shared with each other things we never told to anyone else, we understood each other in a way that no one could understand.

We had laughs about things that made other people confused, when we cried... we cried together. We didn't have to feel sad when we were with each other, because looking into your eyes made my day every time.

This love, it ain't over yet, There's too much that I haven't said...

My love, we've been through ups and downs, highs and lows, hell and heaven. But we made it through it all. And because of that... because of you... I'm stronger.

It only took me three weeks to fall in love with you, three weeks for me to know that I needed you in my life.

It's taking all I have to write this right now, and I'm sure you can see the tears that stained this paper. The pain I'm feeling right now is overwhelming and heart retching.

I know you can't understand, and I don't expect you to. But I just need you to know, that Tobias I loved you. I still love you.

You were-- you are my first and my only true love.

You taught me things about myself I never knew. Showed me things that I didn't see before.

You loved me for just being me, and you saw the best inside me.

Thank you for loving the way that you did, the way you do.

I love you Tobias. Today, tomorrow, and Forever.

Sincerely, the woman who will never stop loving you... Tris.

Did you find the note that I wrote? I hid it in the seam of your coat...

It was hard to write with a lump in my throat, Do you even know that I can't let go...

A/N: Hey all! I'm kind of on an Adele kick lol, and I had this pop into my head and had to write it. I know it's depressing but the song just spoke to me and I wanted to write this. Hoping that emotions would be portrayed. Luv to all and go check out this song!!❤️