Whenever Wherever

At eighteen, we moved to new York together. At the age of adulthood, and the time we started to fall the deepest in love. The time where we couldn't be apart from each other.

We got an apartment, and started a small life together. You got into a great university, and I started there too. That is till I turned nineteen, and got pregnant. You got two jobs and did online classes at night. You really stepped up, showed me that you had this.

Nine months later, I gave birth to our son. Greyson Alexander Eaton. A shinning image of you.

At Twenty, you found your passion, what you wanted to do in life. And to follow your dream, you got into the police academy. After so many months of countless hard working hours.

You wanted to help the world, after getting a son you changed. Wanting to keep us safe more, and wanting to keep helpless people safe. That's why you wanted to become a police officer.

For weeks, months, years... you finally became one.

At the age of twenty two, we were in a great place. Still in love, you had the job of your dreams and our family was perfect. A beautiful son that had started to talk and a baby girl on the way. Who we would later name Amber Vanessa Eaton.

I never wanted you to leave for work, but I knew that I couldn't hold you back. Maybe it was because I wanted to keep you safe, just like you do for us all.

When we reached twenty four, you're new dream was fulfilled. You made it into the Special Victims Unit. To help children, teens, even adults through the worst of the worst things that could happen to people.

With a son and new toddler at home, you wanted to do more in life. And that was what you did, getting into the unit.

At twenty five, you proposed. At our favorite spot, and of course I said yes. We were married four months later. A lovely wedding, a sun setting behind us, and all our love ones that traveled to see us.

We had a perfect life. Two wonderful and beautiful children, still riding the honeymoon phase, you and your dream job and above all... our love lasted.

Whenever, wherever

We're meant to be together

I was about twenty seven when I got that call, it was the gloomiest Friday I'd ever experienced. The sky was gray and no cloud was in sight. No sun.

I'll be there and you'll be near

And that's the deal my dear

I couldn't really believe what they were telling me, how it was possible. My ears wouldn't stop ringing, and later that day when your partner showed up... that's when it finally broke through to me.

Whenever, wherever

We're meant to be together

Crying. That's what I did. For hours, for days, for weeks. Our son cried, our daughter couldn't understand but she knew that something was wrong.

I was lost, for a very long time.

By the age of thirty. I had learned to except it, it all was over. But I know that you'll always be here. And you died with us in your heart, and died doing something that you loved. I guess that's the best way to go.

Whenever, wherever

We're meant to be together

I'll be there and you'll be near

And that's the deal my dear

A/N: Hey all! Not my best... I know. But the song is awesome and I just wanted to write a one shot. Sorry it could be better. Anyway... hope you like it alright.