The Most Beautiful Girl In The World

Tobias POV

Her dirty blonde hair flies around her face, as she runs and as the wind whips through it. Her laughter able to be heard over the strong gusts.

"Come on slow poke!" She yells to me, as I trudge up the hill. We're picnicking today, and she chose one of the highest points possible to set up.

"I'm coming." I mutter, knowing she won't hear me.

I watch her twirl towards the top, in her white lace sundress. Wrapping around her in the blows, looking like a thin sheet around her waist and legs. A smile spread across her face, and her eyes glowing with joy.

God am I lucky, I have the most beautiful girl in the world.

Picking up the broken picture frame, removing a piece of glass from it I look at the picture. We took it as the sun was setting behind us, the day we went picnicking on the hill. Last September, before everything went south. When everything was easier, and we hadn't begun to fall apart.

She left two months ago, and I'm just now getting to cleaning up the mess. We destroyed every room, and I've been in bed drinking -- ever since. I finally got up today, and that's when I decided to clean it all up, get the memory of that day out of here.

"Stop messing with it." Tris tells me, as she rests on the couch flipping through one of her Hollywood magazines.

"I have to look perfect, it's my first day and if I--"

"Babe, you look fine!" Tris says getting up and walking over to me, her bare feet having to be cold on the hard wood floors.

I swallow, my hands beginning to become clammy. "What if I don't get this job Tris?" I ask, looking down at her as she wraps her arms around me.

"Then you'll find another one. There's more, and hey. If this man doesn't hire you... he's a damn fool." She says, kissing me softly on the nose.

How did I end up with a girl like this?? One full of encouragement and love, and talk about the most beautiful girl in the world.

Glass from another frame had fallen on the floor, and some shards ended up on one of her stupid magazines she was always reading. The glass covering the picture of an unrealistic supermodel, and glass surrounded the pages.

Reaching down I pick up the magazine, the shards sliding off it. Opening it I find a page that she had creased down. It's a page of wedding themed things. Places, dresses, reception details... all of it. And the part that hurts the most-- she had circled things. Hearting the ones she loved and would once use. Or so she thought.

"Why do we have to go out now??" Tris whines, as I take her hand in mine. We're at the park right now, the dark sky twinkling with stars above us.

"Because." I say, not letting her know the real reason.

"Whatever it is I'm sure we could've done it in our warm apartment." She complains, emphasizing on the word warm. It is chilly out, but she's pretty bundled up.

"You're right, but I didn't want to do it in the apartment." I say, and she shakes her head.

"Would you just tell me already?" She asks, stopping. I turn to her with a small smile.

"I love you, you know." I say.

"I know."

"And, I'm hoping you'll love this too." I tell her, taking a small ring out of my pocket. Tris gasps, as she sees the small diamond sitting upon the band.