Chapter 6

"What just happened?" Beck demanded for the fourth time.

"Hold on, Beck." Jamie insisted.

"No, I will not hold on! I just got attacked by a werewolf! A werewolf who went to school with me! And I met the girl who saved me from two vampire things at the football game! And you guys don't seem concerned about these creatures at all! No one's telling me what's going on, no one is telling me why it's happening and-Jamie, are your legs furry? What is going on?!" Beck bellowed.

"Shh!" The girl, Piper, slapped a hand over her mouth.

Beck glared at her and bit down on her hand as hard as she could.

"Ow! What the Hades?" Piper pulled her hand away and rubbed it, glaring back at Beck.

"Tell me what's going on!" Beck insisted. "Did I get hit in the head or something? Am I in a coma?"

"Why is that your first thought?" Jason asked, frowning.

"Because Jamie has furry legs and you guys killed a werewolf with a golf club! That doesn't happen in normal life!"

"Look, Beck, I can explain, you just gotta let me get you somewhere safe first!" Jamie tried to keep a soothing tone, but his eyes flicked back and forth nervously.

Beck scowled at him, then looked around and made a decision.

"If one of you doesn't start talking, I'm going to scream as loudly as possible for as long as possible. And trust me, that can be loud and long."

"Oh, come on, Beck, can't it wait for a few minutes?"

"Nope."

Jamie turned to Jason and Piper. "If she screams, you guys are in trouble. We're in the basement of the school, in the dark, and you two don't go here."

"Fine." Piper snapped. "Find me a classroom that's easily defended and I'll tell you what's going on, Beck."

"Thank you!" Beck threw her hands up in the air. "Let's go to Mrs. Hackett's room."

"Good idea, no windows and it's mostly underground, only one door that will be easily defendable." Jamie muttered.

"Lead the way, Jamie, let's get this done." Piper rubbed her forehead like she was getting a headache. Beck felt a small twinge of vindictive satisfaction.

Jamie trotted through the halls, leading the trio down hallways that wouldn't be used because of the dance.

"I have to tell my friends where I went." Beck went to grab her phone from her pocket, then realized that it was in her bag in the auditorium. "I don't have my bag!"

"I'll get it, you go to Hackett's room." Jamie turned around and ran off before Beck could say anything.

"Keep going, the faster we get to safety the better."

"Okay, you seriously need to tell me what's going on." Beck planted her hands on her hips.

"I will, I swear, just show me the room!" Piper insisted.

"No." Beck glared at her. "You're gonna start talking now, or I'm going to run. I don't know you people, all that I've seen while you're around me is me getting attacked, there's something about you people and if it's going to endanger me, leave me alone!" 

"Alright, alright. Which door is hers?" Piper asked. "I'll start talking as soon as you tell me."

"Go to the end of the hall, turn left, third door on the right." Beck sighed.

Piper nodded slowly. 

"Jason, grab her."

The blond wrapped his muscular arms around Beck's waist, pinning her arms to her sides.

"Let me go!" Beck yelled, kicking and squirming. "Stop it, let me go! Help!"

"Shut up!" Piper ordered. 

Beck clamped her mouth shut so hard that she felt her jaw jolt slightly. She stared at Piper in surprise, then went back to squirming, more determined to get herself away from Jason.

Finally her foot made contact with a very sensitive male place. Jason let out a high pitched squeak of pain and let go of her. 

Immediately Beck turned and jammed her elbow into his nose, sending him crashing backwards, and began to sprint down the hall.

"Freeze! Come back here." Beck stopped and turned around, walking back to Piper. It suddenly made sense to her to be over there, that's where she was supposed to be.

"Go to Mrs. Hackett's classroom and sit in one of the desks until I say."

Beck nodded and marched down the hall, opening the thankfully unlocked classroom door. Heading to the seat she normally used, she sat down and waited.

Piper helped Jason into the room. The blond was holding his nose and immediately grabbed a wad of tissues from the teacher's desk.

Piper closed the door and leaned on it. "Okay, you can talk and do whatever now."

Immediately Beck felt herself come back into control of her own abilities.

"What did you just do?"

Piper shrugged. "You lost the privilege of explanation until Jamie gets back."

"So you're just holding me hostage?"

"Yes."