Chapter 32

[A/N alright kids I'm continuing it but I'm gonna wrap it up pretty quickly so there's my final decision. Also to the kid who threatened me: I dare you to try it.]

"Are you sure you're a Poseidon kid?"

Beck looked up at Nico. "Um. Yeah. Why?"

He shrugged and split another blade of grass, doing gods' knew what with it. There was a pile of them at his feet. "Just figured I'd ask. 'Cause of the whole powers situation."

"Aren't you afraid of the dark?" Beck shot back, returning her attention to the book she was reading. Ancient Greek, to fight the dyslexia.

A ball of grass hit her head.

"Okay di Angelo-"

Screams from the Aphrodite cabin. Beck and Nico looked up sharply, then the son of Hades scrambled to his feet, running off in that direction.

Beck jumped up and followed him.

She skidded to a stop outside the cabin. Nico was already banging on the door.

"Nico!" One of the Aphrodite girls threw the door open. She looked distraught, makeup running everywhere. "It's horrible, you have to come look!" She pulled him by the wrist into the cabin.

Beck followed a little more slowly, curious.

"It's just awful!" The girl was wailing as she pulled Nico over to a wall covered in photos of people.

"Uh... what am I looking at?"

"Our ships! They've all been screwed up and slandered!" She collapsed onto one of the beds.

Nico looked at Beck for help. She shrugged.

"The wall of ships." Piper McLean walked up, rolling her eyes. "Basically pictures of all the couples at camp, along with some kids they want to get together. Couples that they think are life-long are marked in pink, flings are in blue." She pointed to a picture of Nico and Will, outlined pink, then another of a Hephaestus girl and a kid Beck didn't recognize, outlined in blue.

"So somebody messed with them?" Beck asked.

Piper shrugged. "I guess so. Wrote that certain couples weren't gonna last and all that. I dunno, I don't pay enough attention to the wall to know what ships were marked as what."

Nico rolled his eyes. "And here I thought someone was being murdered... see you later, Piper. No offense to you, but the less I'm in this cabin the less I want to stab things."

The Native American girl nodded. "That's fair. See you guys."

Beck followed Nico back out of the building.

"They're crazy. Absolutely crazy." The son of Hades shook his head,

"They predicted you and Will." Beck said casually.

Nico looked at her sharply. "What in the name of Gaia are you talking about, Beck?"

"There's a picture of you and Will in there on the wall. It's got tons of stuff around it, and there's a sticky note that says 'told you so!' in big red letters next to it." Beck shrugged.

He watched her quietly for a moment.

"What?"

"How did you know that?"

"Percy was showing me how cabin inspections worked. I saw the picture on the wall, that's all."

Nico chuckled. "So that's how you knew Will and I were dating?"

"I didn't say that."

"You didn't need to."

•At Dinner•

"I can't believe someone would say that!"

"They clearly have no taste in romance in any way, Daisy, don't worry about it."

"If I ever find out what Hermes kid was crazy enough to try that, they're never gonna be able to again!"

Generally, the Aphrodite table was upset. Which made Beck chuckle.

"What's so funny?" Percy asked, glancing at her in between bites of a large burrito-looking thing. Beck was almost afraid to ask what it was.

Beck shrugged, smiling. "The Aphrodite cabin seems upset... over something trivial, which is amusing."

He chuckled. "So what I'm hearing is that you thrive off of chaos?"

"Absolutely. You get to decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing."

Percy shrugged. "As long as it doesn't affect me I don't really care, create your mayhem away from me."

"No promises." Beck shrugged, grinning.

He shot her a stern look. Beck crossed her eyes at him and went back to her food.

"What are you even eating?"

She looked up at him. "Why do you care?"

Percy shrugged. "It just looks weird."

"Well so do you."

"So I've been told."

Beck laughed. "Well at least you know."

[A/N2 I do have some ideas saved in my phone from the friend that I wrote this for. Not sure if I'm gonna use all of them]