Chapter 34

"'Sup, Princess."

Beck rolled her eyes when she looked up and spotted Clarisse in the doorway, but she smiled. "Hey Meathead. What do you want?"

Clarisse walked into the cabin, holding something behind her back. "We've got a game of Capture the Flag coming up."

"Okay...."

"And Chiron has decided that certain siblings need to be split up, to keep teams even."

"Get on with it, Clary." Beck sat up, concealing a grin. She was pretty sure she knew what Clarisse was getting at.

"Well if you're gonna be a brat about it maybe I won't tell you." Snapped the daughter of Ares, but Beck could see her holding back a grin as well.

"Can I guess then?"

"Go ahead, Blondie."

"If you're gonna make fun of me I'd prefer Princess." Beck commented as she got up. "So the siblings are clearly Percy and I, otherwise you wouldn't be here, and we can safely assume he's going to be on Athena's team because he and Annabeth are inseparable. So you're here to ask me to join your team, Poseidon kid versus Poseidon kid and daughter of war versus daughter of warfare."

"Bingo." Clarisse held up a red sash, offering it to Beck.

She grinned and took it, tossing it on her bed. "You knew I'd say yes."

"'Course I did."

Beck laughed. "No use in breaking up the dream team."

"Aw, thanks Beck." Percy had appeared in the doorway. "Annabeth and I do work pretty well together."

"I was talking about Clarisse and I." Beck smiled sweetly.

"Rude." Her half-brother rolled his eyes. "Anyway, I was coming to find you and ask you a question."

"I got there first, Prissy." Clarisse snickered.

Percy snorted. "Not that. And we're gonna take you two down anyway."

"Good luck, Fish-Brain. See you, Princess." Clarisse headed for the door.

"Later, Meathead." Beck chuckled.

"You two have a really weird friendship." Percy commented.

"Eh. Pretty normal for me. What did you want to ask me?"

"Wanna get out of camp for a little bit?"

Beck looked up sharply. "You're being serious?"

"Totally." Percy nodded, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Annabeth suggested some sibling bonding. I was gonna go visit my mom and then maybe get lunch."

"And you want me to come?" Beck tipped her head a little.

"Yeah. Why not? Mom will love you, I just know it. Besides, I have no clue how to deal with Estelle and you're good with kids."

"Estelle?"

"My little sister."

"Ah." Beck nodded slowly. "Sure, I guess... Were you planning on leaving now?"

"Yeah, I've just got to stop at the forges." Percy jerked a thumb over his shoulder in that general direction.

"Why?"

"We're going to be testing out the Hephaestus kids' prototype monster veil. They based it off of the Leo Valdez model."

Beck nodded. She'd heard stories about Leo Valdez. He seemed like someone who she'd get along with, despite assurances that he'd dance all over her nerves.

Percy grabbed a sweatshirt with the name of a local high school on it. Beck chuckled and grabbed one of her own, just to be like that.

He rolled his eyes. "Alright, Brat. Lets go."

"That your new nickname for me?" She teased as they walked to the forges.

It felt good to have a sibling.

Beck had struggled a little with it at first, but Percy had let her move at her own pace, and now they seemed to have a good connection between them.

"What if it is, Brat?" Percy laughed.

"Well then I have to think of an equally insulting one." Beck made a show of tapping her chin. "Maybe.... Idiot? Or does that hit too close to home?"

He snorted and shoved her lightly. "I'm plenty intelligent, thank you very much."

"Uh huh. Sure." Beck snickered.

Percy rolled his eyes and ducked into the forges. Beck chose to wait outside.

He came back out a minute later with two small pendants, offering her one. "Lets see if these things work."

Beck tied it around her neck and put it under the sweatshirt she was wearing. Percy tucked his under as well.

"Alright, how are we getting there?"

He grinned. "C'mon, I'll show you."

Beck raised her eyebrows. "That doesn't sound... good. In any way."

Percy laughed. "Just follow me."

They walked behind the Big House. A small lean to had been built, and Percy walked over to the door, throwing it open.

"Ta-daaaa!"

Beck raised her eyebrows. "Oh wow. I wouldn't have pegged you for that kinda guy."

Percy chuckled and offered her a leather jacket. "This is Annabeth's. She won't mind and I bet it'll fit you."

"You better have a helmet for me too." Beck said dubiously, eyeing the gleaming motorcycle.

[A/N I don't remember if I mentioned Percy's little sister before this or gave her a name but I believe it is now canonly Estelle so there you go]