Chapter 5

Thank you to everyone who has ever voted and commented on any of my books it really does mean a lot to me.

~@~

Chapter 5-

“So…” Luke trails off once the silence becomes awkward. “Whose house are we going to tonight, you know for the sheet.”

“Maybe we should go to yours?” It comes out as a question.

He laughs lightly, “Sure, you can come around straight after school if you want.” He says then scratches the back of his neck nervously.

I laugh back at him and he glares slightly at me. “Yeah, whatever.” Wow now I sound like a snobby teenager. “Well I’ll see you ‘round I guess.”

He mumbles slightly and I laugh again. Pulling my bag onto my shoulder I walk into the school and pull out my schedule to see what classes are next.

I groan aloud, earning curious looks from the others around. I ignore them and look back to the sheet hoping I saw wrong. “You know it won’t magically change, no matter how many times you look at it.” A voice says behind me.

“Yeah thank you so very much for that advice Ben I’ll be sure to remember it.” I roll my eyes and continue on my way to my locker.

“I still don’t get why you hate gym so much, we’re great at sport. Oh and that reminds me, I got on the football team so I’ll be at training tonight.” I nod my head and put my combination into my locker.

“I hate it because, um because.” This suddenly got awkward. I thrash my hands around in the air, earning a few strange looks. “Okay I don’t have a reasonable explanation, I just full out, 100% hate it and there is nothing that can change my mind.”

~@~

“I love gym.” I whisper to Ben who laughs but I’m too busy eyeing the shirtless hunks to reply.

“I thought you hated gym?”

“Where in God’s name did you get that idea from?” I say half-heartedly. All I need now is some buttered popcorn and a camera and I can die in peace. I mean who wouldn’t want to die watching shirtless guys running around?

I groan and look down to my front. Please don’t notice, please don’t-

Ben whistles. “Looks like someones getting a little excited.” He sings and only stops when I hit him in the back of the head.

“Shut up someone might hear you!” I hiss. “Oh my God, quick stand up!”

“Why d-“ I quickly pull us both up so he’s in front of me protecting my dignity.

Luke stops in front of Ben and raises an eyebrow at us. “Um, what are you two doing?” He asks with a short laugh.

“You see, Sam got a b- OUCH! What the hell was that for?” He hisses at me when I elbow him in the ribs.

I cover his mouth with my hand. “We just like standing here.” He gives us a look saying that he doesn’t believe us but doesn’t say any more.

“Okay well I’m just going to-“ He points to the door with his thumb before slowly backing away and practically running out the door.

Ben suddenly starts laughing out of nowhere. “Y-You scared the shit out of him.”

I roll my eyes and sit back down. “Yeah haha very funny now shut up before you make a fool out of yourself.”

He rubs the imaginary tears from his eyes and sits next to me. “I have to admit I was going to embarrass you big time today but I guess you did it all by yourself.” His eyes go wide as he realizes what he said.