Chapter 18

This is most likely the third last chapter, it's coming to an end! :'(

~@~

Chapter 18-

*Luke’s P.O.V*

My mum comes rushing down the hallway and when she sees the people on the other side of the door her mouth falls open. “How did you get in here?” She asks.

“That would be my fault.” A lady I didn’t notice before says and she walks out from behind Kevin. “I put a spell on them so they can come onto hallowed ground. But don’t worry, they don’t harm humans.” Oh, she’s a witch.

My mum turns to me. “Luke, you can go back to bed.” She says but I shake my head.

“I can’t sleep so I may as well stay here.” She glares at me but doesn’t say another word, instead she sighs and he shoulders sink down in defeat. “Fine, come on in.” She waves them into the kitchen and takes a seat.

I sit down next to my mum, Kevin and the witch lady sit opposite us and on either ends of the table Ben and Sebastian sit. “What are you all doing here?” My mum asks.

“We know how to get Sam back, we just need the help.” Kevin says. My mum looks at him cautiously.

“What do I need to do?” She asks and the witch lady and Kevin share a look.

“No, we don’t mean you.” Witch lady says. Mum turns to look at her. “Who are you?”

“Oh how rude of me, I’m Nina.” She puts her hand between herself and my mum. They shake hands.

“Well Nina, what do you mean?”

“I mean, we don’t need your help.” Nina turns to look towards me.

My mum’s eyes open in realisation. “No, absolutely not.” She says sternly.

“It’s our only chance,” Kevin pitches in, “You know what he’s doing and soon the six of you will be the only ones left.”

“The only what left?” I ask, “Mum? What’s he mean?”

She rubs her temples. “Mum!” I thump my hands on the table. Why won’t anyone tell me anything?

“Alyssa he has a right to know.” Ben says. Defeated, my mum sighs.

“It’s Sam, we don’t know why but he’s going after witches.” She turns to look at my shocked face.

“That’s why we left, isn’t it?” I ask numbly.

She nods and doesn’t say another thing.

“But why?” I ask.

“We don’t know.” Kevin pitches in.

“I might have a clue.” Nina says, her eyes wide with realisation.

“What?” My mum asks.

Nina taps her fingers on the table. “It’s only a theory but maybe, just maybe, his parents were witches. Making him a full blooded witch.”

My mum picks her head up off of the table. “He’s going after witch blood to make himself stronger.”

Nina nods, “That’s the only thing I can think of.”

“How many towns away is he?”

“He’s two towns over, nearly one.” She replies.

“Well we need to start training Luke then, Marcus wont be strong enough to train him, how much of a witch are you?” Mum asks Nina.