Chapter 10

Wow ten chapters that took a while :P Oh well here's the chapter!!!!

~@~

Chapter 10-

*Luke’s P.O.V*

Red eyes. Fangs. Blood. Vampire.

They’re the things running around my head as I run away from Sam. He’s just like my dad, yet so different; if that makes sense. I mean, my dad beat me, raped me and blackmailed me but Sam hasn’t done any of them. Sure he bit me but to be honest it didn’t hurt like when my dad did. Actually it felt really good. That sounds weird doesn’t it? Oh well.

I wasn’t planning on running away from him though, I was just in shock. We were alone in the parking lot and in the dark. For all I know he could have just been doing that nice person impersonation to trick me into liking him. Oh my god! He might not even like me.

An ache in my chest forms as that thought comes and I curse myself for ever saying I love him. What was I thinking? After my dad I haven’t trusted anyone and then here comes along a guy I hardly know and I’m willing to trust him with my life.

There’s a crash behind me and I stop dead. I was too far into my mind to notice the feeling of being watched but at the pit of my stomach I can tell someone’s watching me. I look around only to realise I’ve ran right into an ally way. The smell of vomit and other stinks reach my nose as I travel slowly and cautiously through the dirty ally way.

I’m as quiet as I can until the sound of music travels through my ears. I relax my body and slowly make my way towards to music. If I can get to the pub then maybe I can call someone to come and pick me up. I tense when I hear footsteps behind me. I begin to panic but force my body to relax so they don’t know I can hear them.

They begin to speed up and automatically I do too. They speed up more and before I know it I’m running as fast as I can down the narrow path. The walls seem to get thinner and thinner the more I run. After a little while I look behind me and to my confusion no one’s there. I’m sure someone was there though. I could hear their footsteps. I shrug; my mind could just be playing tricks on me. I turn back to face the way I’m walking and nearly have a heart attack when I run into someone.

I begin to fall and brace myself for the impact but when it doesn’t come I open my eyes to see the man I ran into holding me up.

“Thanks.” I say, my voice shaking from the fear. I don’t know what it is but something doesn’t seem right. I know something isn’t right when I try to stand on my own but he doesn’t release me.

He smirks. “Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you.” He says in a deep voice as his eyes travel to something behind me. “But she might.”

Before I can look something hits me on the side of the head. The impact causing stars to dance across my vision before my body goes numb and I pass out.

~@~ *Sam’s P.O.V*

“I don’t know where he could have gone!” I yell into the phone. After he ran away I just stood there for around 5 minutes, blaming myself for hurting him. That was the one thing I didn’t want to do but no, I just had to wreck that. I wasn’t planning on telling him what I was like that.

After finally pulling myself from my thoughts I looked up to see that he was no longer in my sight, running alone in this town. Something was off about this town as soon as we got here, I didn’t say anything to Luke because I didn’t want to worry him. Now I wish I had have told him so he might not have ran.

I searched the town top to bottom, but wherever he went I couldn’t find him. I even followed his scent that lead me to an ally way then mysteriously disappeared. I tried to pick up his scent again but it was nowhere. Eventually I realised I wasn’t going to find a scent and called Kevin for help.

“What are you talking about?” Kevin asks, his voice rough from sleep, but right now I don’t care that I woke him.

“Luke, I lost Luke. I bit him and he ran off.” I say quickly.

He sighs and I can imagine him running a hand through his hair, he always did that when he was thinking. “Have you tried following his scent?”

I snort. “No, YES OF COURSE I FOLLOWED HIS SCENT!” I yell frustrated. I have to find him, what if someone hurts him? I feel my eyes changing colour.

“Look I’ll be there with Ben in a little bit. Don’t worry we’ll find him.” He says reassuringly. I can tell by his voice that he’s trying to convince himself as well.

“I swear if anyone lays a finger on him I’ll kill them.” I growl.

“I know you will.” He laughs half-heartedly. “We’ll be there in 10.” The line goes dead and just as I’m about to put it back in my pocket it rings again. I look at it to see Luke’s name flashing in red writing and faster than ever I answer it.

“Luke are you alright? Did anyone hurt you? Where are you?” Questions automatically spill from my mouth.

“Oh Luke’s fine, just asleep at the moment. Awfully tired he was. You should know by now that drinking their blood makes them tired. Better to just kill them.” I wince at the word kill.

“Who are you?” I say through clenched teeth. I hear a crack and only just now notice my hands in fists, crushing my phone.

“Oh little Samuel, have you forgotten your own daddy already?” He laughs grimly.

“Impossible, we killed you.” I whisper, felling the anger replaced by dread.

I can practically feel him smirking on the other end of the line. “Yes you did but a little witch bought me back, now are you coming for your little mate? You have an hour before I kill him. Good luck.” He laughs and midway the line goes dead once again.

~@~

:O Comment below whether you think they can find Luke in time.