1.5 - Ruby POV

The first thing I noticed was the pounding in my head, only accurately compared to my head being repeatedly rolled over by a dump truck. I let out a loud groan, opening my eyes only just enough to take in a small amount of dim light. As my brain slowly woke up, I became more aware of my surroundings. Mostly aware of the fact that there was definitely someone next to me in the bed, and I was definitely not wearing what I was last night. I think. Everything was foggy, like I remembered certain parts but others were blocked from my mind.

At least this was something I was kind of a pro at dealing with. There was obviously a small problem of the person laying next to me, who I assumed was Payton based on the quick survey of the room that I had seen in the interview. But I reminded myself to take things one at a time. Hangover headache first.

I painfully opened my eyes, lightly shaking Payton awake. "Hey, where are the magical hangover drugs?" I whispered when she stirred awake.

"Wait what?" she mumbled groggily. "Drugs?"

"Your Advil, Pay, where is it?" I sighed back, crawling out of the bed. I winced as my head pounded and I grew dizzy.

"Shit, uh, you go sit on the couch, I'll get you water and uh, magical hangover drugs," she said, sluggishly walking out of the room and into the kitchen. I silently agreed, following her out. I collapsed on the couch after the short walk through the apartment, closing my eyes and listening to the sound of Payton opening up a pill bottle.

Payton. Hangover problem #2.

"So uh, not to make this awkward or anything, but I gotta ask..." I started, rubbing my temples lightly.

"Sure," Payton said, filling up a glass with water. "ask away."

"Well, obviously I don't remember much from last night or else I wouldn't be asking, but I'm not in my own clothes and I can't help but wonder if we..." I trailed off, hoping she would get the message.

"Oh god," she chuckled. "No, we didn't, I promise. You were piss drunk at a bar and I had to come get you. I just gave you an extra set of clothes."

"Oh thank god, no offense. I like to remember when I have hot lesbian sex with a hot girl," I laughed. Payton walked over, chuckling quietly and red faced. She handed me three small blue pills and a tall glass of water. I gratefully accepted them, popping the Advil in my mouth and downing them with the entire glass of water. Accompanying my headache was a raging appetite. Once I had finished my water, I took a deep breath of air. Before I could suggest getting food, Payton interrupted.

"The cafe we ended up at the other day sells pretty good bagel sandwiches. Wanna go get some?" she asked, standing up from the couch.

"You read my mind babe," I responded, standing up. "Mind telling me where my clothes are?"

----------------------------------------------hey guys

I got a question for all 1k of you.
would you rather me update frequently with short chapters like this one, or not so frequently with long chapters?

please answer, it would be a great help!

(ps, follow me on here, I'll follow you back AND if you message me your tumblr/insta I'll check it out :) )

later days
-Max