1.8 - Ruby POV

I cringed slightly as the words tumbled out of my mouth, needy and honest. The last thing I wanted was for Payton to stop grabbing my hips and whispering in my ear. I almost convinced myself that it was the beer talking, but I knew my tolerance was higher than that. This was pure desire, although probably a bad idea considering I'm her new room mate, I felt as though if I didn't have Payton sucking dark bruises into my skin soon I was going to explode.

"Fuck, I gotta talk to you," I groaned, my voice oddly high pitched and whiny. Shit. Payton mumbled a small 'ok' and I grabbed her hand, intertwining our fingers and pulling her through the crowd. We bumped past Dax and Carter, who were grinding heavily on eachother, Dax having already littered marks all over Carter's pale skin. I would've stopped to point it out to Payton, but seeing it made me impossibly more desperate.

I quickly lead her up the staircase right outside of the door that lead into the garage. She silently trailed behind me as we reached the top of the staircase and I paused to look around. In half a second, I decided on what looked like a small home office at the end of a hallway. I tugged her into the room, slamming and locking the door behind us.

"Ruby what are we-" Payton asked turning to me, a concerned look drawing her lips into an irresistible pout. Her eyes met mine intensely, silently staring. She studied my face as if she were afraid to say something, and I couldn't blame her. What was I even doing here?

I watched her eyes flicker to my lips momentarily, then up to my eyes again just as quickly. She was either waiting for me to kiss her (my original plan when I dragged her out of the garage) or to say something. But I had nothing to say, and it was apparent that she didn't either. We waited in the silence of the room for another moment. The faint sound of the party booming on the floor below us was the only thing between us and complete silence.

"Ruby," she said softly, her words cutting loudly through the quiet air. "What are we doing up here?" She asked so innocently, her eyebrows still creased in confusion. I could tell she wanted an explanation, or just something to occupy her mind. My mind was totally blank on words, and suddenly the silence became overwhelming. A tear suddenly slipped out of the corner of my eye.

I could tell she saw it, and she looked at me, desperately trying to figure out what to do. She took a deep breath and her mouth opened to speak. Panicking, I took a quick breath and closed the space between us, crashing my lips to hers. She let out a small yip of surprise, but almost instantly wrapped her arms around me. I pressed her up against the wall, pressing myself flush against her. My hands pressed on her hips roughly as we kissed, our mouths moving in sync.

I swiped my tongue across her lower lip and she opened her mouth widely against mine. I ran my tongue around her mouth quickly, pausing as she sucked lightly. I let out a sigh, my fingers curling against her skin. I grazed the skin on her lower lip with my teeth, a soft whimper tumbling out of her mouth. I pulled away, releasing her swollen lip from between my teeth at the last possible moment.

Our foreheads rested against eachother, heavy breathing now occupying the space between us. I kept my eyes glued shut, hoping to prevent any more tears from spilling down my face. I became painfully aware that there were still droplets of water coursing down my cheeks, for a reason very unknown to me. I could tell Payton's eyes were open, and I prayed that the darkness of the office would disguise my tear stained face.

Like usual, I was wrong. She ran a thumb under my eye slowly before embracing me in a tight hug. I burried my face into the junction between her neck and her shoulder and let out a shaky breath. My chest clenched as a muffled sob escaped me. We sank slowly to the floor and I tucked my legs against her, the tears flowing like a river down my face now. The crying made my head hurt and my chest ache, and it was even worse because I couldn't pinpoint the cause of my tears.

She mumbled nothing in particular into my ear, and all I wanted to do was apologize for ruining the whole night, but every time I opened my mouth to speak, more nonsensical blubbering came out. It seemed like we stayed there for hours, thinking and huddling close to eachother on the cold floor. I was not excited to deal with this in the morning.

----------------------------------------------
That was a bit of a mess
oh well lol
I don't really have anything to say at the moment.
hope you enjoyed it
later days,
-max