1

Izuna's POV

"Because of me, Little Sis, you can't have a free life, but I can make it last longer," were some of the last words Saira told me, a few months ago, before she "passed."  I'm mad at her. Mad at her for what she did, but still...

...

Mom's car continued down the road, heading to our new destination. Everything outside went by like a blur. I clutched the keys to my motorbike in one hand and my deck in the other. My deck... I wish I never learned how to duel.

My mom glanced at me through her car mirror. "You miss her, don't you?" she asked me.  Looking up, I pictured my big brother and my big sister. Even though I'm the youngest, I am like the middle child, who can't fall between one of them.

"Of course I miss her, Mom. I also miss Kohaku and Dad," I said. The first part wasn't really true. How can I miss someone who was linked to me?

Oh yeah. How could I forget?

No one knows the truth. No one knows what exactly happened.

"I know, Izuna, but this was your father's and my decision. It's just hard for us since your sister is gone. And don't worry. They live at the other side of Heartland City; you can visit them whenever you like," Mom assured.

"What about school? You told me about our new house, and your new job, and all that, but what about school?" I mumbled.

"You're going to Heartland Academy. I'm going to pick up your uniform today, later, and they'll be arranging a student to guide you around the building when you start."

Before I could say anything else, Mom stopped the car. I looked out the window and saw a white house with a black roof.

This is it.

The beginning of my new life.