13

Kyle's POV

"Sorry for troubling you in the middle of your shift, Ms. Ayame," I said to Izuna's mom.When Ms. Ayame came to work, today, she told me that Izuna was expecting me, back at her house.

I decided to walk there if she told me the directions, but Ms. Ayame offered to drive me. Right now, we have arrived, in front of her house, and I've gotta admit it's a nice place they got.

"Oh no, not at all. Izuna should be in her room upstairs. Far back, second hallway," Ms. Ayame said opening the garage door for me.

I nodded thanks, then walked in.

There were some boxes inside and a shiny motorbike. I opened the door which led into the house, then went to find the stairs.

Ms. Ayame told me where Izuna's room was located, but I heard a crash coming from a doorway. It scared me as to thinking what happened that I didn't hesitate to open that door.

And there, I saw Izuna.

She was panting for breath and I noticed a few drops of sweat on her face.

"Gah! Are, um, you okay?" There goes my heart, beating fast, again.

Izuna, breathing heavily, got up and shook her head,"It's nothing.This has been going on ever since." She clutched her head, "But everyday, it gets worse and worse."

Izuna lied on her bed, and sighed.

While she rested, I stared at her room. It was pretty messy. Soccer ball, lying on the floor, comic books on her desk, unpacked moving boxes everywhere and hoverboards laying on each other.

Then, I saw a shelf, with photos. One of them, was of a girl with aqua hair and violet eyes, standing next to a boy with messy indigo hair, like mine, with bright blue eyes.

"Izuna, are they your brother and sister?"

Izuna looked up from her bed, and nodded."That's Saira and Kohaku. Kohaku's at the other side of Heartland City, and Saira, like I said, isn't here anymore."

"Must be hard for you."

"Actually, not really. I'm used to a lot of things."

Izuna seems pretty brave. I like that about her-wait, no I don't! Gotta stop loving Izuna!

"Well, forget that. It's the past. You came here, not to talk about siblings, you came for a duel. And we can do that once I eat!" Izuna ran downstairs and into a kitchen.

I followed. There was a bag of chips on the counter that said, "Snack. DON'T HOG IT ALL, IZUNA!!!"

I said nothing about it.

Izuna grabbed the bag and told me to grab as much as I wanted. I grabbed a handful and started to munch on them. Izuna did the same, but with both hands.

Once we finished, I followed Izuna to the backyard. It had a small patio, with steps, that led down to the ground.

"Hey, Kyle."

I jumped. "Yeah?"

Izuna setted up her duel disk, "Hope you can put on a better show for me than Shark."

"S-s-sure. I'll give it my best shot," I started to laugh, but I didn't know why. I stopped.

Izuna is so cute, and that makes me nervous.

Izuna's POV

When we began, Kyle seemed a bit shaky."I draw! I summon out HiTech Pixelated Attorney(Lev 3, 1800 Atk, 2000 Def, Machine) in Attack mode. When I have a Lev 3 monster on my field, I can special summon HiTech Pixelated Mario (Lev 3, 1500 Atk, 1400 Def, Machine) from my hand. Now,I'll overlay Lev 3 HiTech Pixelated Mario and Yoshi to XYZ summon HiTech  Super Sonic. (Lev 3, 2000 Atk, 2000 Def, Machine) Now, I'll end my turn."

I was already impressed with Kyle, being able to XYZ summon on his first turn, but I wonder why he didn't place a face down, for just in case.

Maybe it's his monster's special ability that will have me lose LP, destroy my monster, or have my monster lose Atk/Def. He could be trying to throw me off.

So, I'll give him an opening and a closing to see what he does.

"I draw!" I took a glance at my card. The monster had a star mark. I got it! Placing it in my hand, I grabbed another card. "I summon out Celestial Luna Dragon Rider. (Lev 4, 1900 Atk, 2000 Def) When Celestial Luna Dragon Rider is on my field, I can special summon Celestial Luna Dragon (Lev 4, 2100 Atk, 1700 Def) from my deck."

"Next, I'll play the Spell card, Celestial Swap! If I have two Celestial Luna monsters on the field, I can switch them for two Celestial Solar monsters from my hand or deck. I switch Celestial Luna Dragon for Celestial Solar Galaxy Archer (Lev 6, 1700 Atk, 0 Def) and Celestial Luna Dragon Rider for Celestial Solar Necromantress (Lev 4, 1900 Atk, 1500 Def) from my deck.Then, I'll special summon Sapphire Dragon (Lev 5, 1750 Atk, 1600 Def). This monster can be special summoned from my hand or deck if a dragon-type monster was sent to the Graveyard by battle or by card effect."

"Now,I'll activate Celestial Solar Necromantress' effect. For every monster on my field that has a higher level than this card, her level will go up one. I have two. Sapphire Dragon Lev. 5 and Galaxy Archer, Lev. 6.That means her Lev. will go up by two, making her Lev. 6. Now, I'll overlay Lev. 6 Celestial Solar Galaxy Archer and Celestial Solar Necromantress to XYZ summon Lightning, the Thunder Beast (Lev. 6, 3000 Atk, 400 Def).Next, I'll place a facedown. I end my turn!"

"My turn, I draw. I'll just skip to the action. By using an OLU, Super Sonic's effect activates.Your monsters all lose 1000 Atk until the end of my turn.Now attack Sapphire Dragon, Sonic!"