17

Izuna's POV

I don't know what's worse: Rei being at this school; my headaches that hurt even more; or a mob of boys chasing (hunting) me down.

"Izuna!" I jumped.

Dylan came over to me and seemed beyond desperate."Izuna, is it true you wanted to join the soccer team?!"

"Huh? You the captain?"

"Yata's the captain. I can talk to him for you."

"Oh. Okay. And just asking, didn't this school used to go up against Heartland Middle School?"

"Yeah, you were on their team. You're really good. A reason why we'd be glad to have you. You can come to the field, after school."

"Ok."

Dylan grinned, "Good... I'm glad. It's a boys and girls' team but only boys joined. You'll make the first girl."

Really? What's with girls at this school? Am I seriously the only tomboy...?

Kids started to file in. During the lesson, I can swear that someone behind me and Shark was staring at me.

"Michael?" The teacher asked him a question and Michael answered dreamily, not to mention creepily, "Table for two, please."

Everyone laughed. Shark snickered and said, "That's for you and him!"

"Maybe it was for you and Saira!" I said back.

Kyle's POV

I am so bored. When was Izuna gonna get here? She always seems to lighten my mood...

"Sorry I'm late." I looked up, immediately, and bumped my head on one of the display cases.

Ow!!!

I hope Izuna didn't see that... When I glanced around the place, I only saw Dad and Izuna's mom.

"Is Izuna here," I asked.

"Oh, not today. She's staying after school. But she told me she has to go somewhere afterwards, so I doubt she'll come," Ms. Ayame told me.

Lesson? 

My spirit dropped.

Darn it... Why can't I shake off my feelings for Izuna?

Shark's POV

Rio, with bandages covering her eyes, tried to grab my hand. I lifted my hand and let it reach hers.

"Reginald..."

I turned my head, quickly, to face her. Again?

"She's being left, unprotected. Hurry and help her. Fate cannot be changed so easily."

I wish Rio could give me a straight answer: Who was she?

Izuna's POV

After meeting the team today, I left to go visit some old acquaintances of mine. I rode home on my hoverboard, afterwards.

A sharp pain seemed to have zapped me. I lost my balance and fell over on my hoverboard. The pain still lingered within my head. I picked up the hoverboard, then began to walk home, instead.

The pain slowly grew as I walked. I clenched my fist and stopped, then stared intensely at the ground.

I need to hold it in, a bit longer. It's too soon.

I looked at the setting sun. It's been centuries now, hasn't it?

Time still cannot go on... Right, Menou?

Riley's POV

The mall seemed pretty busy, today. Well, I am talking about the CD store.

A bunch of people came to buy the new album of Kannaki Miles. She's my idol hero! Kannaki traveled around the world, doing world tours and concerts. She was born in Heartland, but travels a lot, learning French, Japanese, Chinese, German, Spanish, Korean, etc. I adore her so much, that I'm glad I was able to buy a CD before they ran out. Not to mention, I'll even spout out anything I know about her to you readers.

HAHAHA, FOURTH WALL BROKEN!!!

Oh... Um... As I was saying...

As I walked out of the store, I bumped into Rei, from school.

As always, he was his annoying, cheerful self. "Hi, Riley."

I didn't hesitate, "Hi. Where did you come from? This place is for civilized beings!"

Rei laughed awkwardly, "Your tongue is as sharp as ever! I went to visit GameStop, but what I was looking for wasn't there." Rei's eyes lit up, then he asked, "Riley, can you come with me? I want to ask you a favor."

I didn't know what I was getting myself into, "Mmmm, okay."

And yet I still went along.