6

Yuma's POV

All day, I've been worrying about Izuna. I haven't seen her and it bums me out.

What if her head was hurting, again, and she couldn't come on her first day? That would be a shame.

Astral kept quiet, ever since Izuna left, yesterday. Don't know why he's speechless, but I'm pretty glad that he's not blabbering to me. During gym, I looked all over for Izuna. When it was my turn to do the vault boxes, I asked for twenty, while still looking around. As soon as the boxes were set, I started to run to it. " Just watch me! I'll make it today! I am so feelin' the flow!"

"Yuma, I want you to stay away from Izuna," Astral ordered, out of nowhere.

"Huh?" I couldn't say anymore because I lost concentration and crashed into the vault boxes. The boxes fell and so did I.

Astral flew over and said, "By the doors..."

I looked at the gymnasium entrance way. All I saw was a kid with dark hair, wearing a second year uniform, pushing someone away.

What was that all about?

What was Astral talking about?

Tori, Bronk, Cat, Flip, and Caswell, all rushed over to me.

"Are you okay, Yuma?" Tori gave me a worried look.

"Do you need to go to the infirmary," Cat asked.

"And what's gotten into you? What were you looking at?" Bronk wanted to know.

I looked over at Astral. He was lost in his own mind. I got up, then insisted, "I'm fine. I thought I saw something, but I guess it's nothing."

Swimming, there was no such luck either. Astral kept telling me that I shouldn't be keeping an eye on her. I told him that she's new and I don't want her to somehow feel left out.

"Yuma, you've been staring off, for some time now. Are you looking for someone?" Caswell questioned.

"Uh-huh. Izuna. She's new here and I met her, yesterday."

Flip came up to me, "New, you say? Why, you must be talking about that super cute girl, everyone saw outside, in the morning!"

"You saw Izuna?" I asked.

"Yup. Everyone saw her. It was love at first sight, for me," Flip announced.

"I couldn't even take my eyes off of her," Caswell sighed.

"She was so pretty. You're lucky to know her, Yuma," Bronk agreed.

A few of the girls, standing by, made disgusted faces. "They seem to have a hatred against Izuna," Astral reported.

Well that's not right. You shouldn't judge a girl, just like that, especially when she's new here. And me, knowing she's a tomboy, I bet she isn't liking any of this attention.

Oh well. I hope she's here though. But I'm pretty sure I can see her is at Duel Period!

Izuna's POV

"Math is down the hallway, so we'll need to walk there," Tyler told me.

I grabbed his hand, "Don't tell me, just take me there. Before we get trampled!"

We started to walk down the hallway, but it wasn't long before the boys started to trail behind us. You're kidding. Get to class!

"Annoying, much," Tyler mumbled. He took my hand, then we started to run. They followed.

I noticed a girl up ahead, walking at snail's pace. "Move it, kid!" I screamed.

The girl screeched and stepped out of the way. Tyler and I ran past her.

"Just a little further..." I heard Tyler say, while I still don't know where the classroom was.

"FREEZE!!!"

The yell scared both me and Tyler. We stopped, right in our tracks. I turned and saw that the boys stopped, too.

A girl with red hair, tied in a thick braid, stood in front of the boys, with her hands out. What? Why did they listen to her?

Tyler whispered, "Just in case you're wondering, that girl is called a devil. Everyone says she's really strict when it comes to not following the rules."

Even if she is strict, I already like her for stopping those boys.

The red-head spoke in a very stern voice, "You shouldn't be chasing someone in between classes. Now go back to where you belong." All the boys scurried off, leaving Tyler, me, and the red-head, alone.

She turned around and smiled, "Don't let the boys get to you. I can tell that all this attention is so bothersome. I'm Tara Thompson. You're the new girl, Izuna Ayame, right?"

"Yeah, I am," I shrugged, thinking back on Tyler's words. She doesn't seem strict, probably just annoyed with those who bother her.

Tara narrowed her eyes at me. "You know... You're not like any other girl, I've met. I mean, the way you stand..."

Do I stand in a certain way? I took a quick glance at my reflection in the window. I seemed to place all my weight onto one foot as I leaned to the side with my hands resting behind my head....I guess I can just call it a habit.

"...And your facial features."

She's not calling me a boy is she? Seriously, I know I've been mistaken as a boy many times before, but still!

Now what was the word?" I bet she's thinking something like mean, psycho, or obnoxious...

Tara snapped her fingers, "I got it! You're like a tomboy!"

I slumped. Does everybody think of me that way?

"Oh, Izuna. We're already here, "saidTyler.

I already know what he meant. We're right in front of our Math Classroom.

"Now you two head in. I have to go to L.A," Tara waved bye, then walked off.

Tyler showed me all the empty seats, in this classroom, even the one next to him. Just then, I felt someone hit my shoulder.

It was a girl with pink hair, and light blue eyes. She snickered, "Whoops. My bad."

I know that she didn't want to apologize. I could tell by the tone in her voice.

"Uh oh. Megan's here," Tyler groaned.

Megan? That's her name? I watched her take her seat, which was right next to Shark. The next thing I knew, Riley started to flirt with him.

I rolled my eyes, then told Tyler I'll sit with him. The entire time, Megan would glance my way and snicker.

What's her problem?