15

Izuna's POV

When I got up for school, the next morning, I made sure to go super early, so I can get to class, safely.

And I don't know why, but I really felt like bringing my deck. Probably because of my duel with Kyle, on the weekend. I never planned on dueling, again, but he somehow sparked back that interest in me.

Oh well. It doesn't really matter.

I stuck on my shoes, then got on my hoverboard. As I got closer to school, I slowed my speed. There were only a few kids outside but as long as there's no crowd, then I guess it's fine.

I leaped over the steps, then stopped my board. In an instance, the boys came rushing towards me.

"Hi, Izuna!"

"It's great to see ya!"

"I told you, guys. She's cute isn't she?"

"Hey, are you free today?"

This is probably what my morning will be like until I do something.

And I will but not yet. I ran into the building and started to get away from my tag-alongs. I picked up even more speed, and to guys started to stop.

Thankfully, the hallway I'm in right now is empty except for a few glaring girls. I rushed off to my first class. There was no need for Tyler to tell the directions a second time. I have a sharp memory.

He was also the one who gave me advice that coming to school early would be more peaceful. So when I entered the classroom, I was relieved to see that only one other student was there.

His name was Dylan.

Dylan reminds me of someone, but he's so quiet, gloomy, and independent that I question if I truly know him. But other than that, Dylan is one of the kids who has zero interests in me! He seemed to look glummer than usual.

I don't know why; he never talked to me!

He sat in the seat right in front of me. People hardly ever talk to him. I literally envy him because of that. I wish people would just ignore me.

I don't need others to be in my way...

When I walked passed him to get to my seat he looked up at me as if he had something to tell me. I ignored him and sat down, trying to enjoy the silence while it lasted.

Then, more kids started to come. All the girls tried to avoid eye contact with me; the boys sighed and stared at me. Tyler just waved then took his seat. Then, Shark came into the room, ignoring all of the noise and taking his seat, next to me.

Suddenly I felt a hand perch on my shoulder.

It was Megan.

She gave me a look that obviously meant she was upset with me but didn't know what to say. Her mouth was open but then she walked to her seat glaring at me.

Wow. And this is just my second day of school, yet I have almost every girl in the school turned against me.

This is why I prefer to be alone... I don't belong.

When lunchtime came, a bunch of boys started to yell at me.

"Please take the seat next to mine!"

"Do you like muffins? If so, you can have all my muffins!"

I looked over at Tyler and mouthed the words, "Help me." Tyler started to work his way through the crowd and told them I was eating with him and pulled me away.

"How about we go eat on the roof? Not a lot of kids go up there."

I said okay and we walked up a bunch of steps which lead to the roof. And it was really hot! I saw very few kids from the higher and lower grades. I also saw Yuma and his friends. Tyler and I walked over to them, while sweat trickled from my forehead.

Then, I noticed Bronk's hat. As we ate, I asked Bronk if I can borrow his hat for the entire lunch period."Sure, but I think it's a bit big for you."

"Doesn't matter." I tucked my pigtails into the hat and placed it on my head.

I knew exactly why they kept staring as we ate.

In less than three minutes, my lunch was gone. But I'm still hungry... I wish I had a burrito...

"Izuna?"

I turned and saw Dylan, nervously standing there, wanting to ask me something. "Can you come with me for a moment?"

"Sure," I said. "I guess I can-"

A hand went over my mouth and Megan appeared next to me. "Sorry, Dylan, but I need to borrow Izuna, today."

"Uh, sure," Dylan left.

I heard Megan sigh then whisper to me,"You're not going anywhere near Dylan. He's mine!"

I snatched her hand off of me, slapping it away, "Why should I? And don't you have a thing for Shark, Two-Timer?"

I handed Bronk his hat back, then began to walk off, but Megan grabbed me again. "Why do you act so superior? You're not some hero! Don't act like you've got nothing to fear!"

I flinched, once I heard her words. I slapped her hand away once more, glaring as I did so. Just from gazing in my eyes, she stepped back. "Alright. Then let me tell you the truth, Megan. I do have something to fear. I act superior because compared to you, I am."

My friends, who sat near us, eating, watched in silence. They were just as shocked by my sudden change in attitude.

But I continued to speak, "And you're right. I'm not a hero and I can never be. My good deeds will never outweigh my bad." I walked off, not speaking to any of them for the rest of the day.