9

Kyle's POV

I really wanted to tell that girl off, but my mouth went dry.

Her radiant green eyes seem to mesmerize me, and how pretty they looked when she looked at me. I felt my heart skip a beat.

Is this... love?

The girl waved her hand in front of my face as I snapped out of it.

"Oh, uh...um. S-sorry about that. I don't usually get along with girls," I stammered, my face turning red.

"It's fine. I know what you mean. Besides, the girls at my school hate me," she told me.

I stared at her. She's like me...

"Kyle, meet Izuna Ayame. Kimiko's daughter. Izuna, this is my son, Kyle," Dad introduced.

I couldn't help, feeling ashamed. I was about to yell at a pretty girl, with such lovely icy blue and violet streaked hair and sparkling green eyes! Now, I wish I started off, differently.

Then, I saw a kid with purple hair, enter the place.

Hmmm... Maybe Izuna will be impressed with how good I am at handling customers. I went over to help the kid out. "Is there anything I can help you find?" I asked, trying to sound very mature.

Dad was watching and he started to laugh. He's no help.

"No, I'm just looking around," he answered, not even bothering to look at me.

My spirits dropped, then headed towards the counter. For I was too nervous to see Izuna.

"I knew I'd find you here," the kid said, in one aisle.

I turned to see what's going on. Turns out, the purple haired guy knows Izuna.

"Wh-wh-why are you here?" Izuna sputtered.

"You were riding pass me on your motorbike, so I was suspicious of where you were going," the kid replied.

"You were following me?! I knew it! You really are a stalker, Shark!"

Shark? Now that I think about it, I feel like I've seen him before.

I walked over, "Do you know this guy?"

"Yeah. Kyle, meet Mr. Stalker Pants. Stalker Pants, say hello to Kyle," She announced.

Stalker-Pants Shark?

"Can you go by my real name for once," Shark groaned.

"Hmph! As you wish, Stalker. Kyle, meet Reginald Kastle. He goes to my school and follows me everywhere I go, like the stalker he is."

"Oh, you're the kid who made it to the Nationals," I didn't want to ask why he was disqualified, since that would be rude. And it might ruin the relationship between me and Izuna...

I started to sweat then turned away. Gah! What am I saying?! Why do I care about Izuna, all of a sudden?! And since when did we have a relationship?!?!

I knocked myself on the head a few times. Dad walked over to Izuna and Shark. He whispered to them, "My son is usually like this when he starts to grow feelings for a girl."

"DAD! Don't you start, telling people about my personal businesses!" I yelled.

Izuna gave me a blank expression. That only made me blush, tomato red! She's so cute, that way.

"Anyways, Izuna. I think you've done enough for today. Being new can be rough. We'll take care of things, now. You may leave," Dad told her.

What?! She just got here. AH, I'm at it again!

"Okay, then. Come on, Stalker Pants." Izuna and Shark left, just like that.

My heart started to beat faster, as I watched her go. Why do I feel this way?

Shark's POV

Technically, we didn't really leave the mall. Izu wanted to go home and hoverboard, but I said that we should talk for a moment, since it's been a while. She called me stubborn.

So we leaned on Izu's motorbike, then started to chat. "How could you tell it was me, who owned this bike?" she asked.

"You yelled 'Sorry' so I recognized your voice."

Izu shrugged, then looked up at the sky.

Somehow, she reminds me of Saira, even though they're nothing alike. Saira used to beg me to duel her with all my strength, but I always declined. I was always afraid that I'll end up hurting her, but she always said, "Pain? Don't worry, pain is normal, and I'll be fine."

Saira. She was always proving to me that nothing would ruin her day. All it took for me to fall for her was with that smile. That smile that always made me want to smile back.

Izu noticed me staring at her, which made me know that she knew. "I see...so you've missed my sister," her voice went cold.

"...How could you tell?" I felt my face get warm.

"I remember Saira, telling me that you might have a crush on her. And I can't blame you. Everyone knows that she's pretty. So how's Rio at the hospital?" Izu changed the Saira subject.

I, then, remembered what Rio told me. "... Fine. How's Saira?"

I waited for an answer. It never came. Then, she gave me a wild answer, "Saira is no longer beyond anyone's grasp. She is kept close to me and is forbidden to leave my side."

"So that means... Saira's gone?"

"You can put it that way."

I stood up and was about to tell her to give me a straight answer, but then I noticed something in her helmet.

"Listen, Stalker Pants, I don't want to talk about her. If that's all, I'm going home."

"Not so fast, Tomboy Izu," I told her.

"What?"

"Before you leave, I want you to duel me." I grabbed the item in her helmet, "And don't say you don't have your deck, when it's right here."

BTW, I can upload a picture of what Izuna looks like. OwO But please don't blame me if my drawings aren't professional or as good as some people I know. Most of the drawings I made for this story were from when I first started writing it, so I can now look back and see how much I improved now. *^*

I can add it on to the next chapter! So yeah!