Aftermath

The whole school was buzzing about Myrtle as if it was gossip. Teddy wasn't being his usual cheerful self which only made my mood worse. And the fact that I had studying tonight didn't help. Riddle has been more kept to himself then normal. He usually at least talks to one of his 'gang' members at lunch and dinner but today he seems distracted.

"I'll be back before you know I'm gone, Ted," I reassure him. I feel terrible leaving him, Teddy can be overly emotional when he drops half his biscuit in his tea, Myrtles death has really got to him. "You have to go?" He whines.

"Yes. I'll be back at half 8, hopefully earlier." With a quick kiss on his chubby cheeks, I set off out of the school at towards the forest.

Dumbledore's words are still keen in my brain.
"A push in the right direction. Or maybe the wrong direction." Is he expecting me to do this for him? How could I control Tom. Anyway, he's not my problem.

To my surprise, Tom is waiting at the edge of the forest. His eyes watch me tightly as I walk towards him. He could have done it, he would have done it, he would have wanted to do it. When I become only a few feet away from him he spins round on his heel and walks into the depths of the forest. "Look I'm not in the mood for your stupid games Riddle..."

But I'm cut off by a sat of red sparks being blasted my way. Luckily, I jump to the left but the curse still tingles on the edge of my ear, causing it to go stone cold. "You bastard!" The rage, again, takes over me and I march up to the pale boy with my wand at the ready.

"Conjunctivitis!" I shout at him. It's a weak, beginners curse which Tom lazily blocks and send another blast of sparks my ways blocking the curse took power but I managed to do it.

"Alarte Ascendare!" The spell was yet again blocked with a slow flick of the wrists and this time Tom shoots his curse so fast I have to drop now to block it. "Fight harder! You're using childish spells!" Riddle shouts as he begins to whisk his wand again.

"Confringo." Furious flames blaze from my wand and head directly to Tom. He rapidly reflects the spell back to me which I block instantly. Soon enough we become intwined in battle, me, not knowing what I'm fighting for, and him, fighting against whatever I am. Maybe he wants me dead? Maybe Myrtle wasn't enough for his sick games and he needed another dead body to satisfy him.

Tom curses are still stronger then mine, all that are coming to me memory are spells from 4th and 5th year - powerful but not enough to do any damage. Whereas, Riddle is doing spells I have only read about. Dark arts.

Without realising, Tom's wand erupts with red sparks coated in the same coloured smoke, I reach for my wand but am too late. My whole body goes ridged as I feel as if a knife was punctured through my lung. I can't breathe or see anything for the first few seconds but then I look up to see him standings there, a few feet away, not showing any sign of affection.

"Diffindo!" I bellow and a flash of light travels over to Riddle. I fall back on the ground, unaware of if it had hit him. By the sounds of it, he had blocked the curse.

I learnt that spell in a book. The one of Dark Arts. It had left my mind, since I have had no need to use it until now. The feeling was strange. The feeling of control and power as the spell left my lips and slipped through my wand. A tiny piece of me felt indestructible.

Footsteps draw closer and closer towards me, maybe he's coming to finish me off. However, instead of the expected, a large pale hand hovers above my face. I ignore it and push myself up.

"What was that!" My hands clash against his chest once I steady on my feet. He could easily grab me and finish me off, but strangely I'm not scared of him. I was right, he does grab me, but not to hurt me but to hold me away and speak to me.

"How did you know that spell?" Tom almost growls. I struggle out of his grip but it's too tight. I hate the feel of his skin on mine. "Why? You shouldn't get to ask the questions! You attacked me! You probably murdered Myrtle fo-"

"You think I could?" He wonders cooly. How can he be so calm? I just accused him of murder and he's acting as if I've asked him the time. His nature only hardens the facts, he did it.

"Yes." My answers simple, but enough to shut him up for a while. He's staring at me, with that same look. "Why do you do that? Look at me all the time with such curiosity?" My voice is still strong but suddenly I'm lost again.

He doesn't answer. He continues to stare, searching my face before he stops on my eyes. In my eyes. We stay like this, him gripping me and both of us just searching. Why can't I understand him? Aren't people suppose to deny it when they are accused of murder, so why is he acting so calm.

Maybe he thinks I won't tell. Would I tell? Teddy maybe, I tell him everything, yet he would have a fit and go straight to the Headmaster. Do I want him to get expelled? I don't think so.

Everybody is so stressed at the fact Hogwarts is closing. Teddy is afraid he will never see me again, people don't know what they would do without it. To some people, it is their home. Riddle is an orphan, so why would he want the school to close? Gosh, why am I overthinking this, he's a murderer.

"It isn't curiosity, Kenna." He finally breaks the everlasting silence, letting me go in the process. "It's achievement," Tom whispers. His face now holds a grand smirk, and now see it, his eyes sparkle with achievement. He did kill her.

"You...You killed her." I'm not shouting anymore. My voice is soft and coated in astonishment. He killed her?

"No, you idiot. This isn't about Myrtle. This is about you." Riddle take a big step forward, filling in the gap that made me feel secure. "What about me?" I snap. My rudeness is the only thing that's keeping this together. What ever the hell this is. "That curse was from the Dark Arts, correct?"

Tom waits for me to answer so I nod slowly. "I've never seen a Hogwarts student use that spell. Clearly, some people are interested in the Arts but never work on it." He explain while taking paces around me, causing me to feeling uneasy.

"Some people like you. Your little gang of gits," I tease. If I was expecting him to stand up for them, I was wrong. He seems to care about them as much as I do.

"You felt that, didn't you? The rush of power. I saw it on your face, I've never seen that before." He's both questioning yet telling himself, or reminding himself. "Let me train you," Tom breathes, coming to stop behind me.

Spinning around to face him, I give him a look of confusion. "Don't do that, Kenna, your too smart for it." He says. The Dark Arts? I always was interested, and he's right, it does make me feel some kind of power.

The effect they have give me a hold on peoples lives. But I don't want to take peoples lives! It would give me no satisfaction, not the way it probably have him when he killed Myrtle. He killed Myrtle. At least I think, oddly I'm not so sure anymore.

"Or maybe a push in the wrong direction."

"Ok," I answer simply. A dark smirk grows on Riddles pale face, surprisingly, this time my stomach doesn't turn at it. "But, how? Hogwarts is bound to be closing soon." Tom's smirk shrinks and is replaced by a grin. He tilts his head down and shakes it slowly.

"Don't worry your little head, Kenna." Then he lifts his head up and places his index finger under my chin. He stays like this, watching me, before he snaps out of it and turns to leave.

"Wait!" Tom stops his stride at the sound of my voice and spins round. He nods, motioning me to speak. "Did you do it? Did you kill her?" I ask strongly. His structure doesn't faultier, as always. He was expecting me to ask. "Do you think I could?"

"Yes, but that doesn't mean you would," I try and reason. Tom shakes his head and leaves me standing in the forest alone.