Acres Of Clams

The icy air whistles around my ears, causing my skin to tingle and sting. Fingers and toes are numb, but it's a good feeling. Hanna Relly had left the dorm window open and as a result many little snowflakes had spread across the scarlet curtains.

It looks beautiful. Hanna has woken before me, me and her being the only people left, and is currently side plaiting her hair. "Morning, you coming down to breakfast?" Hanna asks after she's finished her hair.

It surprising that she's actually talking to me, we never talked before, but I nod politely and we leave the dorm. Hanna has never had any close friends like me (with the exception of Teddy) and changes around every few weeks, not that I notice. She gets a lot of attention from the boys but anybody would if they looked how she did; Godlike.

As we enter the Hall I immediately catch Tom's eye in between the bunch of gits crowding him. He seems to have been watch the door and a pleased smirk crosses his face which seems to irritates me. I roll my eyes at him and go join Hanna at the Gryffindor bench. She rapidly loads her plate up, to my surprise since she looks enviously skinny.

"It's a gift," Hanna says. "Not gaining weight." I do a politely laugh and reach for the pancakes. "Why didn't you go home?" I ask.

"My mum is going on a cruise with her new boyfriend. He's a bit of a wanker if you ask me," Hanna says with a ugly look on her face. I find myself laughing and decide that I like Hanna. "You?" She asks.

"Home bores me," I lie but she would probably believe it more then the truth. We continue to eat, making small talk and decide we should meet back up for dinner.

I leave Hanna at the Gryffindor tower and walk down towards Myrtle's bathroom. I'm calling it that now in honour, even though she spent her time crying and dying, it was where I met her. "Kenna." A deep male voice calls from behind me.

"Oh, a personal visit now! What have I don't to earn this pleasantry?" I say in a mocking voice. Tom strides up to me, his face telling me he's not in the mood to joke. He stops in line with me but doesn't turn to look at me. Instead, Tom stares at the brown wall like he's expecting it to dance.

"You finally lost it?" I ask. To my pleasure, Tom turns to me with a small smirk on his face. "Look at the wall, really look at it. Really want to look at it." Tom steps behind me and holds both my forearms softly.

So I look, and look, and look, yet nothing happens. Weirdly, the wall stays a wall. "Tom, maybe the wall doesn't want to-" but the sight before me stops me from continuing.

Ever so slowly, a wall turns a shade lighter as a candle shape wooden door grows. I've never seen this before, I've seen things grow but never seen walls become doors that probably lead to a room. "What was that you were saying?" Tom teases. I roll my eyes and dart for the door.

What's inside surprises me more. It would be pitch black if it wasn't for the two fire places layers parallel to each other, cabinets run across the walls full of small white pill bottles or alcohol, and beside the cabinets, the only other source of furniture are two chairs, one black and one bright red. It looks a bit like heaven.

"I'm glad it didn't turn into a bathroom," Tom mumbles. He has walked towards the chairs and sat in the black leather one. "What is this?" I ask as I join him, sitting in the plush red patterned chair.

"I haven't choose a name for it yet. I think 'Evidence that Tom Riddle is cleverer then anybody in Hogwarts' is a bit long."

"Tom..." I moan and his smirk dials down, becoming more serious. "It shows you what you want. If you want a swimming pool it will show you a swimming pool, it's different for everyone. I think this," he gestures around him, "pretty much describes you."

He's right, drugs, alcohol and dark places. "I'm not a alcoholic or a drug addict," I snap. Tom's face turns serious again but it's mixed with that same something I can't figure out. "I know your not, Kenna," Tom replied.

"I think it's about time I told you," Tom announces. I stay quietly and let him speak. "My pure-blood mother, Merope Gaunt, was a direct descendant of Salazar Slytherin, she died shortly after my birth," He begins. That means that Tom is a descendant of Salzar Slytherin! Well, it makes sense. "Before her death, she named me after my pathetic excuse of a father, Tom Riddle Sr, and Marvolo Gaunt, her father. My father was a wealthy Muggle living in the village of Little Hangleton who was tricked into a relationship with my mother through probable use of a love potion."

"After some time, it was speculated by Dumbledore that My mother would discontinued her use of love potions on My father, in the hopes that he had really fallen in love with her, or would at least stay for my sake. To My mothers great sorrow, he abandoned her and left me to grow up in a dingy orphanage, completely unaware of my wizarding heritage." Tom's face turns ugly, the face where people would be running for their lives right now, but I'm more then determinate to hear the rest. "Till this day I'm still disgusted that I walk around under his filthy muggle name," He spits.

"Despite my ignorance of my mother's true background, I did have some grasp on my abilities beyond that of normal magical children of my same age, however, and an unusually high degree of control over them. I could move objects with my mind and cause them to travel floating wherever I wished, manipulate animals and creatures as I wished, speak Parseltongue, and use my power to inflict harm on other orphans," Tom continues, more calmly. "On one occasion, I took two orphans, Dennis Bishop and Amy Benson, into a cave, where I performed an act so horrifying that the two orphans were traumatised into silence." He beams as a smirk widen on his face.

"Although I'm very sorry about your mother and have an idea about father'a being complete wastes of space, did you just bring me here to tell me how sick you were as a child?" I ask, finally speaking. Tom doesn't answer for a while, he just stares at me making me feeling very...

"What happened to your parents?" He eventually says. I've never said it out loud, what happened, because I don't know completely myself. Yet, I tell Tom since it's only fair. "My mother died. Kate tells me it was in some sort of accident which I find hard to believe because everytime I ask more questions she brushes it off. It's selfish really, I have a right to know about my own mother, and it's selfish that my mother put herself in danger knowing she had a child.

"I don't remember a lot about her. She had brunette hair which was always curly and I have her eyes. I was told she was a kind person, which I clearly didn't inherit. I miss her and hate it where I am, but I'm not selfish enough to tell Kate and Pete that. It's just, it doesn't fell like home." I can't believe I'm telling him this. I don't even tell Teddy the truth about how I feel at Kate and Pete's but Tom understands.

"My father," I continue, "well, I hope he's dead." I look away from my lap and up at Tom who's looking at me like he's never seen me before. "Something interesting?" I joke, attempting to lighten the mood. However, Tom just looks at me in a way that makes my skin burn.

"Apparently, yes," he mutters. He stares softly at me, not intimidating or cruel, but soft. After a while, he coughs quietly and straightens up. That weird pit from when we were staring across the Main Hall awakens again.

"We are going to go to Little Hangleton  and find my family ring so I can turn it into a Horcrux," He explains calmly.

"I should have expected that."