Ready Or Not

The train station was deserted when I got off. Tom had told me specifically where to go and I didn't spend anytime prating around. I was already shaken enough and nothing could stop my mind from going more crazy then usual.

Maybe it was because I'm going to be spending a lot of time with Tom or maybe it's because I haven't done anything to help towards my N.E.W.Ts

Or maybe it's just because today is my birthday. Another year of my life and I'm spending it with a boy who doesn't know how to love me back.

This morning wasn't so bad. Teddy and Hanna both gave me a joint present of basically half of Honeydukes, Dumbledore gave me a box of lemon flavoured sweets and my father gave me a small diamond-like rock that I guessed was for decoration.

"Be careful, Kenna," Issac had warned his only daughter. "Walk into the woods with the enemy but don't walk out with a friend.

Enemy, I repeat to myself, over and over again. Enemy, enemy, enemy-

"Are you alright?" I glance up and smile warmly at Tom. He looks neutral and bored, as if the world around him was a disappointment. I nodded, not that he seemed to be watching, and took his arm.

The same sensation of being pulled apart coursed through my body but I still managed to hold on to Tom. And when it was over a wave of sadness hit me so sudden I almost stumbled back and nearly hit a tree. A tree.

Spinning around, I saw that we were now in the depths of a forest and surrounded by observing trees and beautiful white flowers. I thought it was amazing.

Tom watched me in curiosity as I scanned the area with wide eyes. "Have you ever been out of England?" He asked. I smiled softly and shook my head. "I've never been anywhere."

The boy shook his head and began walking and that's when I noticed the camping bag he was carrying. "We're camping!" I exclaimed. Tom made a tsking sound and nodded, getting a feeling of joy from my reaction.

"I've never camped in my life! What if I do it...wrong? Maybe I should just go home," I exaggerated. Tom rolled his eyes but a small smile played on his lips. "You'll follow a murderer to another country to find a diadem that's going to be turned into a Horcrux but camping is your boiling point?"

I shrugged. "What if the diadems pretty?" Tom didn't find my question funny. He simply gave me a quick look and continued walking.

The forest grew colder and darker as we descended into its depth. Everything seemed to gain a dangerous edge but I wasn't going to look scared in front of Tom.

We walked, and walked, and walked until I couldn't anymore. The only problem was that we weren't prepared to admit that to the other person.

But someone had to. "At least I'm not so childish that I can't admit it," I declared and Tom couldn't hold down his smile. "Using my own words against me. That's cold, Karamakov."

I scoffed. "There's a lot I could use against you, Riddle."

Tom went to making the tent while I charmed up a fire. For some reason, I couldn't seem to concentrate and the charm wouldn't work. My mind was on Teddy and what he was doing right now, if he was stressed, worried or even happy.

Maybe he was with Hanna, which I guess was a good thing. Teddy needs company. But so does Isaac. Maybe he doesn't deserve it? He left-

"Do you remember when I said that to you?" Snapping my head up, I looked at Tom who was sitting on a log surrounding a fire he had lit. I ignored the feeling of defeat and sat next to him.

"I remember. You tried to read my mind, I told you you couldn't, we didn't talk, then you admitted to being stubborn, I said has hell frozen over and then..." I trailed off with a wiggle of my fingers that Tom let out a breathe of laughter at.