1. Memories

Hermione

Hermione could remember every second like it was only moments ago. She could remember the way he held her, the way his hair curled when it was warm outside, the way he kissed her. She couldn't, and wouldn't, forget Draco Malfoy.

But that was two years ago. And now she had a husband, a child, and a job at Hogwarts, the professor of Transfiguration, as McGonagall had given her the role. Now as the Headmistress, McGonagall needed to focus on her duties as just that, and not worry about the students misbehaving in her class.

It was now summer holiday, and Hermione was in the kitchen of her humble home, cooking the food. She didn't have the heart to do it the way Mrs. Weasley did, enchanting the appliances to clean themselves. She needed something to do, to take her mind off of Draco, her Hogwarts sweetheart.

A pair of arms slid around her waist, clasping in the front, making her close her eyes. He's home. She turned around and smiled. "It's about time, Ronald."

Ron chuckled. "Sorry." He leaned close and pressed his lips to hers, creating a spark in her that she hadn't had for awhile. It was a bit duller, she had to admit that, it didn't cause butterflies to flutter in her stomach. But she guessed that was only because when with Draco, it was a dangerous task to be with him and not get caught. But no matter. Ron was her husband now, and she loved him to the moon and back.

She pulled out a plate full of potatoes and gravy, setting it on the table for her husband to eat. She'd stopped making sausages, as he would take the plate and hide it in their room for later. He still ate like a pig, though. Just like at Hogwarts.

When he finished, he put the dish away, and pulled her to him, pecking her on the cheek. She giggled. "It's late, Ron, we best get to bed."

He nodded, and they both trudged up the stairs to their bedroom, making sure that Rose was asleep. When they saw her curled up in her bed, the two tiptoed to their room. Hermione changed quickly and laid down in between the sheets, resting her head on Ron's chest when he joined her. She sighed and closed her eyes, feeling completely safe.

"I love you, Ronald," she whispered softly.

"Love you too, Hermione," he replied, and she smiled against the cloth of his shirt. She loved it when he said that.

She couldn't imagine any other life, any other way.