11. "I Do"

Hermione and Draco

The beach was beautiful, with the waves crashing against the shore, creeping quickly toward the feet of Draco and the other men and women, including Harry and Ginny, Ron, and Narcissa. Everyone was there, all the family members, all sitting in the white chairs set up in rows.

Draco stood proudly in his suit and tie, his hands clasped behind his back nervously. He couldn't believe this day was coming. It had been a year since Hugo was born, and a lot had happened. For one, he'd proposed, and Hermione said yes. Rose was five now, and a very smart one, at that. She kept claiming that she knew the two of them would end up together. Draco and Hermione just listened, amused at how convinced she was.

Hermione walked down the aisle with Harry and Ron on each side, both of her best friends, preparing to give her away. Ron had fully accepted it, and the only thing he wanted from her was permission to spend time with her as a friend and as a father to their children. Of course, out of the instinctive kindness of her heart, she'd said yes. Everything's going well, she thought happily.

The two men gave her away and she stood across from the man she loved. The ceremony started, and it was over in only thirty minutes, which was what she wanted. A big, party-like wedding wasn't what she enjoyed, and Draco had agreed. He just wanted her to be happy, so he did anything she wanted.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride, Malfoy," Harry said, as he was the one to officiate the wedding.

Draco pulled her close in a loving embrace, and pressed his lips to hers. She smiled through it, and when she pulled back, she whispered, "I predicted this. As a Seer. I knew this would happen."

"Did you know this would happen?" he said softly and then straightened to pick her up and walk her towards the water. He set her in the waves, and she groaned as her dress was soaked.

"You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach," she said with a tired smile, hugging him and resting her head on his chest.

"You say that like it's a bad thing," he replied with a smirk.

"Once a Malfoy, always a Malfoy," she laughed.

"Don't forget that you're one too," he reminded her, and he kissed her again.

"I love you, Draco."

"I love you too, Malfoy."