Epilogue

"Draco, come on! You're going to be late!"

"Sorry, love, I had to round up this one. Apparently he takes after me." Draco carried a young, platinum blond boy out of the house and towards Hermione.

"Dean, are you getting into more trouble?" Hermione asked her son.

He looked at her innocently.

She ruffled his hair and smiled. "Don't do it again, okay?"

She saw Rose--she'd just come home from her first year at Hogwarts--showing Hugo her wand, about to wave it and say a spell.

"Rose! No magic outside of school, remember?" Hermione rushed to her daughter, crossing her arms.

Rose sighed. "Sorry."

Draco laughed. "You need any help, or am I just another one of your kids about to get scolded?"

Hermione glared at him. "They're your kids, too, you know. Now come on, we have to be there for the picnic."

After only a few moments, they were all holding hands, and as a family, they apparated to the Potter house. Ron was there, and he hugged the kids, shaking hands with Draco, and hugging Hermione. "How are you two?"

"Great, thanks," Hermione said, and ran over to Ginny, who was waiting with Harry by the food. "Ginny!" She practically tackled her friend, whom she hadn't seen since they'd picked up the kids at Kings Cross Station. That was a month ago, and that was forever, considering that they were used to seeing each other every day.

The two chatted for a while, waiting for the food to be ready. Once it was, the whole group sat down at the table set up in the backyard. They laughed, they talked about Rose, James', and Albus' year at Hogwarts, finding out about all the trouble they'd gotten in, and about all the things they'd learned. It made Hermione, and especially Draco, wistful about their years at Hogwarts, though Hermione had to go back to teaching. She'd taken the year off because she'd had Dean, who was one year old now, so now with Draco taking his turn off of work, she could visit the school again. Oh, how she missed it.

But she wanted this moment, this moment with the whole family, this weird, blended family, she never wanted this moment to end.

She loved it.

So did Draco, and Harry, Ginny, Ron, and all the kids.

It was perfect.

Hermione had read about happy endings in muggle books for years.

And now she had hers.