Blue

The Fault In Our Stars - Troye Sivan
Blue - Troye Sivan

---

"The truth is, Lestrade has found a crime scene with Jensen's DNA all over it." Sherlock says. I swear I see sympathy in his eyes.

I feel my heart drop. I don't know how to feel. I'm not able to decide on what emotion to feel; anger, sadness, joy that we'd at least discovered where he was. I think I am feeling them all. It's painful. 

"So, he's-he's dead?" I feel my panic take over my body. My breathing morphs into shallow gasps.

"We don't know yet. But Sophie, I would have to bet yes." Lestrade puts his arm around my shoulder. I stare through the window thinking. How long has he been dead? Was he alone? How much pain was he in?

"Excuse me." I get up and grab my pea coat and leave the flat quickly. The three of the men don't even bother. I assume Lestrade will alert my officer of my whereabouts so my ankle monitor won't freak out and send a squadron of cops my way. I make my way to the abandoned house Rosie, Jensen, Jared, And I used to go to get high.

I arrive at the small house and look at how we'd modified it over the years. Jensen had nicely graffitied the walls with designs. Rosie had of course, added fun pillows to the furniture and fun blankets to keep us warm in the winter. I had added the fake fire to conceal all of our drugs. Jared has created a cabinet behind a cabinet to hide the alcohol. I feel a wet drop run down my face as I go through the house. I fall on to the couch and grab one of Rosie's pillows she's design. I hear my heart break as it hits me I will never see them again. Ever. I begin to cry. Crying uncontrollably. A infinite supply of tears. I feel myself drift into a dark, sad sleep.

Ahh!" Rosie turns around and almost hits me, but because I know it's her, I block it immediately.

"Haha, got you loser!" I laugh as he make our way to an abandoned house where a wicked party is happening.

"Bitch!" Rosie punches me in the arm. The pain stings for a moment before I rub it.

"JERK!" I laugh punching her in the boob as she doubles over her stomach in pain and laughter.

--

finally arrive at the house about 15 minutes later to see Jensen already there. I sprint up and hug him.

"It's been ages!" I scream as I kiss his nose.

"It's been like a week, but same thing." He laughs and kisses me.

"He-Fuck guys! Get a room!" I hear Rosie's cockney accent.

"Aww shut up loser!" I run and hug her. It's been even longer since I've seen Rosie.

I let Rosie out of the bear hug I attacked her with and let her breathe, "Thanks, Bitch." Rosie laughs.

"Sophie!?" John wakes me with concern. I jerk up, worried.

"What? What is it?!" I rub my forehead. And run the mascara under my eyes off.

"You were gone for hours, we were terrified so we finally found your location on the ankle monitor." John kisses my forehead. "I'm so sorry, Soph. I'm so so sorry." John embraces me. I'm so uncomfortable right now.

"What is this place?" Lestrade questions as he looks around.

Do I confess or nah? I debate. Well, I wouldn't ever come here with out them so it doesn't seem right to try and hide it anymore. "This," I exhale loudly. "This is where Jensen, Rosie, Jared, and I used to get High on pretty much anything and get drunk off our asses." I laugh at the memories. A pang of hurt hits me also as I become nostalgic.

Lestrade nods sternly before continuing to look around.

"Can we go? I just want to go to sleep." I beg. Three of them nod.

---

"Soph, what's wrong?" Tyler asks as I flinch away from his touch. I've heard death effects people differently. For me, I just withdraw from everything. But I'm dying to escape. I become reckless, impulsive. You could say I don't take death well, but who does.?

"Nothing." I pull my hoodie closer to me as we sit in silence at lunch.

"Soph, please tell me. You're scaring me." Tyler begs reaching out for me. I turn to him and finally take the hoodie off my head, unveiling the bags under my bloodshot eyes from lack of sleep.

"You remember my best friend and ex boyfriend...Jensen?" It feels as if my heart drops into my stomach as I hear his name.

"Yeah?" Tyler scoots closer, physically tensing up.

"Well," I inhale a shaky breathe. "They found a crime scene with his DNA all over it. When I say DNA I mean blood." I feel tears prick my eyes. The warmth of Tyler embraces me quickly.

"I'm so, so sorry Soph." Tyler urgently says. We stay there for what feels like eternity in silence. Then I feel as if I'm somewhat betraying Jensen.

"I'm-I'm sorry. I can't." I jerk away. For a moment I swear I see anger in Tyler's eyes. But just like that he was unreadable.

"It's okay. Take your time." His voice slightly harsh.

"Look, um, I gotta get to class..." I lie. I just want to leave this campus. I just want to be alone in my room, high or something. Something to get away from this.

"Sop-" Before Tyler can respond I've left. I walk towards the building, but instead I keep walking. Past the front of the building. Past the gates, into the streets of London. I know my monitor is going crazy but I don't care, I need to get home. This is all your fucking fault. Jesus, all you ever do is fuck up.

I dial a number I never thought I would voluntarily call. ever.

'Hello?" The soothing voice answers.

I turn into an alley way and curl up by the wall, hiding, trying to keep my breathing slow.

"Dad, can you come get me?" I ask quietly.

"What's wrong? Lestrade just sent a squad to come get you. I'll be right there." John gasps.

"I just want to come home. Dad, It's my fault!" I begin to cry. "It's all my fault. I am Sherlock's daughter and I led everyone bad to him. I basically gave them permission to kill him."

"Sophie, it is not your fault. You didn't do anything!" I hear police sirens in the distance.

"Dad, but what if it is? What if in the end this was one of Sherlock's enemies. There are plenty of those around here!" I sob, I see the cars pull over by the alley way. All the policemen are cautious given my track record.

"Sophie, I'm going to pick you up at the station, I need you to calm down. This is not your fault. You know that, deep down! There was nothing you did that made this happen" John tries to comfort me. "Now, I'm going to let you go and you need to coorperate with them Soph, I know right now you don't want to but please just do." JOhn hesitates a little bit, "I love you Soph."

through my sobs I manage a little, "I love you too, dad."

"HANDS UP!" A police approaches me. I hang up and put my hands up. "SOPHIA HOLMES YOU ARE UNDER ARREST FOR BREAKING PAROLE!" I nod and put my hands behind my back. Tears streaming down my face I cooperate with the officers. Officers approach me hesitantly because for the first time, Sophie Holmes is not only working with them but she's also crying.