14

I WAS HAPPY, I wasn't sure why. I was just optimistic, maybe it was because I had finally finished my drama with Vera and I didn't have to deal with her, or because it was Friday and I could finally go shopping with my babysitting money.

I fiddle with my fingers as I lay against the couch in the living room. I had put Gracelyn to bed and was quite bored considering I had decided against turning on the TV. Plus, Gracelyn used up all of my battery by playing whale trail on my phone. (that is such a fun game)

I hear the garage door open and stand to my feet reluctantly awaiting Mrs. Georgia to step in. I cleaned the kitchen out and poured her tea based off of the fact that her nose was bright red, she definitely had a cold. I stand up and smile as she opens up the door and her high heels clunk! against the hardwood floors.

"Hello, Mrs.Georgia."

I reply, as she follows me to the couch and gestures for me to sit down. She looks slightly tired and unamused and I question what could be wrong at this point. She breathes in harshly before calling Grayson down too. I had successfully managed to ignore him all of today and yesterday, but it looks like now I will have to face him.

"Yea, Mom?"

He asks, as he strides down the steps and runs a hans through his messy, bed hair. I keep my attention on Mrs.Georgia entirely, as Grayson plops down next to me.

"Now, we need to have a little discussion."

Her voice is harsh yet covered by a thick layer of exhaustion and fatigue. I feel bad for her as she wipes her nose and stares at us.

"I've heard that you've been doing some things. Very bad things with Tyler, Grayson. I am disappointed in you."

"What?"

His head perking up at the mention of my name.

"Don't 'what' me, young man. Have you smoke pot
before?"

"What? Mom, what are you talking about?"

"I heard that you have been doing drugs with Tyler and I am disgusted."

She scoffs.

"Mom, I've never done drugs with Tyler. I don't even think Tyler does drugs!"

"Well sir, do you do drugs?"

"What? Not with Tyler I haven't."

"Have you done drugs, young man? I am not asking if you've done them with Tyler I will deal with that later. Have you done drugs before?"

"Well. Yea bu-"

"Are you kidding me? And to believe that I thought it wasn't true! Grayson, I am disgusted by you. Go to your room, now! No football practice for the next two weeks, do you hear me?"

I gasp, Grayson loved football. He didn't do drugs with me. I've never even seen drugs in my life, where did she even get this from? I try to stay calm, but I can't. I stand up,

"Mrs.Georgia, you don't need to punish him. He hasn't done drugs. I haven't done drugs. Where did you get that idea?"

"I don't want to hear a word from you, young lady. You're the one who made him like this! I'de love to see what your mother would have to say about this."

"You don't-"

"No, I will. Now, how about we call your mom right now and tell her about this? Or, no better, I could talk to her personally when I drop you off!"

"I-"

"Let's go. And Grayson, if by the time I get home and you're not in that room asleep, you won't see a football another day of your life."

Her voice is no longer sweet, but filled with vile rage. I feel my heart rate pick up as Grayson huffs and goes up the stairs and as I follow her towards her car. She doesn't say a word to me on the way there, and I am glad.

But, I won't be when she talks to my mother.