18

THE FIRST TIME HE texted me was weird. I had forgotten that he had my number. I didn't text back of course, I don't text back. I leave him empty handed because that's how I feel. I lost every single one of my privileges because of the fighting incident.

We were both suspended for two days and that gave me enough time to grow my hatred for Grayson. It also helped my black eye heal. It hasn't completely vanished but it looks a lot better than it did the day it occurred. Grayson came over with his mom a day ago with flowers. They wanted to say they were sorry for what happened to me, but it's all bullshit.

I've been closed off in my room, not allowed to watch TV or be om my computer. I can't exit my room unless I use the bathroom and brush my teeth. I feel like I'm in jail. And maybe I am, maybe this is punishment for babysitting Gracelyn. Maybe I shouldn't have been so greedy and persistent and just gotten over the fact that I wanted money for more clothes.

I shouldn't have been so naive to the obsession that Vera had, I shouldn't have let Grayson take advantage of me like that. I shouldn't have done a lot of things, and being here silent in my room has given me time to regret each and every one of them.

I hear the garage door close indicating that my mom has just left work and I am home alone, but it's not like I can do anything. Even though Eli has tried negotiating with my mother about me gaining some of my privileges back, it's nothing.

I brush my teeth and take my shower, walking back into my room with a towel wrapped around my body and a separate one for my hair. I turn on the radio, the only type of technology that I've had since the fight- and my sneak glances at my phone. I finish changing into a pair of spandex and a shirt when I hear a knock on my window.

I roll my eyes, turning to my window expecting Annalie but instead it's Grayson. I huff shutting the blinds. I hear him pick up another rock and throw it, until he's doing it just to spite me. I grumble, opening up the window and sticking my head out, my ponytail flying into my face.

"What do you want, dickhead?"

He holds his heart sympathetically and I threaten to shut the window panes again.

"That's no way to speak to a friend!"

"Well, friends don't get friends grounded for four months!"

"Come on, Ty! You know I didn't mean it. Let me in!"

He points his thumb at the front door and I profusely shake my head in denial. I look up at his messy hair and sweatshirt and force my self away from the window. I hear him huff before the rustling of leaves beneath him and I peak out to see him sitting down on the ground facing up to me.

I try to stop myself from smiling but it's nearly impossible, he lays out there in the cold shivering. As much as I want to let him in, I can't. Because something coincidental could happen and my mom could back from work just as he's coming in and then I'd never see the light of day again. I frown and shrug at him.

He stands up, folding his arms and walking around the house. I see him pass my window twice until he rings on the doorbell. I groan and shake my head. Before ignoring my conscience and running downstairs. Grayson stands waiting anxiously.

I lift my eyebrow and he looks nervous. He looks at me before letting himself in and looking around the house swiftly, his hands stood firmly in his pocket. He finally looks back at me, now.

"I'm sorry. I got you in some really deep stuff and you got in trouble for stuff that I caused. I'm so sorry. You don't deserve this, I should've known that something like this was going to happen. I shouldn't have taken those pictures of you, or sending them to anyone in the school. I shouldn't have tried to piss of Vera, or cause you stress. I'm sorry that you got punched in your eye, when I caused it."

He steps forward, his thumb trailing against the still sore skin around my eye. I wince and he hastily pulls his hand back in sympathy. He looks at my lip before continuing to talk.

"I'm sorry for getting you grounded and making you face all of this shit with your parents, I swear on my life. I really really like you and I didn't know how else to show it and so I embarrassed you and got you hurt and got you into so much trouble just because I couldn't get my stupid feelings in check. So, if it's anyone you should hate it should be me, and we probably won't be able to see each other again but- I want you to know that I did like you, Tyler. I always will, and I'm so so so so sorry for fucking your entire life up."

His words come off short and he breathes in sharp, my mouth opened and agape. I'm M shocked by what he said, but I forgive him. I force myself to forgive him, this is the last time I'll get to see him in a long time, I don't want us to end up on a bad note. I breathe in lightly.

Grayson takes another step towards me, his eyes on mine. He breathes in before kissing me. A passionate kiss that was laced with fair and confusion, yet control. His hands held my cheeks lightly as tears streamed down his face, my breathing getting even worse. I hugged him hard, not being able to contain my feelings. I suck in a breathe and he looks back at me,

"Tyler, will you forgive me?"

I can't help but nod, and so I hug him, because this might be the last time I do. We hug, we smile, we laugh, we ignore the stupid calls from my mother. We ignore the rules and lost privileges and enjoy our time together, because lord knows: when my parents get home I may be on lock down for the rest of my life.

-----

welp, that's it. sorry ?? i just couldn't really stand writing this anymore, but i do have a few more books that you're welcome to read when you're ever feeling like it. i hope you can understand. don't hate me because i love you guys so much and thank you all for sticking with me for all of this time and reading my book even if you didn't like it, thanks for everything. can't wait for you to read some of my upcoming novels as well. - amber :)