15

THE SOUND OF groans of disgust and scoffs of remorse fill my ears as Mrs.Georgia spills the bitter untruth about my 'drug life'. I stay curled up on my bed, my head buried in between my knees. I cringe everytime the mention of my name pops up amongst there brutal conversation. I am in shock and in pain.

I don't notice the tears spilling from my eyes or my sweaty palms against my bed comforter. I only feel confused, scared, and regretful. I don't know what happened but the thought of dealing with my mother in a minute makes my mind race. I have never been in any situation like this before and I never planned on it.

My heart hits the very bottom of my stomache as a swift knock on the door erupts my thoughts into a flurry of fear. Ian's head pops in and a enormous tidal wave of relief calms my racing nerves. I struggle to get my breathing steady as he sits on the corner of my bed.

"What happened?"

His voice is calm and relaxing and I dig my head deeper into my knees. My nails scrape my bare calves as I rake my brain of what I could possibly say to make this problem less of what it seems.

"I honestly don't know."

I cry. Waters flood my cheeks and my fists instinctively wipe away the tears that I so desperately wanted to hide. He breathes in as if wondering what to say next. Honestly, I am glad that he is here, though I'm not any less calm I fell better.

"I just-. M-Mrs.Georgia said I did drugs with Grayson. I've never seen drugs before I-I-. She told mom and now I'm screwed."

He nods, rubbing his hands together in frustration and curiousity. He licks his lips before analyzing my tears struck face and nodding again.

"I'll talk to her. You couldn't have possibly done drugs. I know you, well I think I knowyou enough that you're not lying to me. Are you lying to me?"

"No!"

I reply, untucking my head from the small space in my knees and assuring him that I didn't get anywhere near the drugs. I run my fingers through my hair as my phone vibrates beside me.

Instantly, Eli reachs for it and frowns before looking at me.

"Is Grayson her son?"

I furrow my eyebrows not understand what that had to do with anything but I nod. He hands me the phone and a text message pops up on the screen. I ignore the confusion of how he even got my number and read what he wrote.

615-big-dick: this is gray. i think ik who told my mom about the drugs and shit so i need u to ask my mom who told her the info. text me back what she says.

( ;) )

I breathe in heavily, not knowing what to think. I bite the instead of my cheek before texting back 'alright'. I show Eli the texts and he sets his chin into his palm. He nods lightly before standing up,

"I'll ask her."

He breathes in, patting my shoulder. I whisper a 'thank you' to him before nearing the door as he leaves and listening in on the question that could solve all of my problems, or ruin them.

I only hear murmurs and I can tell Eli is trying to stay calm in the midst of all of the drama that he was slowly dragged into, by simply proposing to my mother. I walk towards the bed and lay my head against the comforter as my phone vibrates again.

I reach for it before reading it, Grayson had texted again

6154140066: cool. it'll be okay. we didn't do drugs so just keep denying it and we have to make this work, disagree with everything she says no matter what.

I chew the inside of my lip, it won't be hard to deny because I didn't do it. I fiddle with my fingers as the door squeaks open and Eli pops back into the door. I sit up instantly, awaiting for his answer.

He sits on the small area beside me and runs a finger through his dark brown hair. He breathes in before looking worriedly into my eyes, my heart beat skips as the fesr of who it could be replenishes into my head.

"Do you know anyone by the name of Vanessa or Tara, or something like that?"

I frown, I didn't know anyone by that name that goes to our school or who would even know about my situation. Until, one name pops into my head and my jaw tightens and my fists turn white from clenching them so hard. The name shouldn't have been so hard to guess.

She's the only person that I know that would go so far into making me get fired from my only job just so that she could be with Grayson, so if that was how she wanted to play, I could play all day.

Let the games begin.