Chapter 24

-Author's Note- This chapter got deleted...and I had written it only on here...so I had to rewrite all of it...ugh. It changed some. It's basically the same thing just I changed some since I didn't remember what I had originally written down to the last detail. Also it showed me that I had gotten comments on the last chapter, but because it was deleted I couldn't read them or respond...I realized I don't have any other fanfics planned out after this one...so I might be done writing fanfics after this...oh.

{Gabrielle}

The rest of class went by. Thankfully, it was focused on piano. He'd occasionally try and make our hands touch while playing or smile at me, but he didn't bring up the date again. The date. The date that I had agreed to.

The class ended. I got up and took one step when he gently reached for my arm.

"Yes?" I asked turning around. I was getting tired of people constantly touching me.

He was smiling. "So when do you want this date to be?" he asked.

"I'm not sure," I say. I had been trying not to think about it. Going on a date with Enjolras, then going over to Courfeyrac and acting as if nothing happened. The only thing I was focusing on about the date was why had I said yes or what was I going to tell Courfeyrac.

"Is Friday fine with you?" he asked. He had been so completely sweet the whole class. It was a nice change from his regular seemingly moody behavior.

"Friday's perfect with me," I say.

"Great," he says. He smiles. "Thank you."

"Thank you for what?" I asked, laughing slightly.

"For a chance," he says.

"You're welcome, but Courfeyrac won't know about this. Since he won't know, I won't act any differently towards him," I say.

He nods. "I understand."

"And if it doesn't go well, this is the only time it's happening," I say. I hated being even somewhat harsh towards him after how he seemed to he completely happy for this.

He smiled again. "It will. It'll go well."

I smiled and quickly walked out of the room. Grantaire was right there.

"Hi," I say to him, "Are you doing to the apartment now?"

"Are you?" he asked.

"Yes."

"Then no," he said shortly. He was looking directly to the door of the building. He must've been waiting on Enjolras and trying to simultaneously ignore me. He hadn't thought that plan out.

"Look, why are you mad at me?" I asked.

"You act as if you care," he said.

"I actually do care. I care. You're basically a brother to me now. I care about you," I say. He seems shocked. He only nods. "If I tell you a secret, will you call it even whatever it is?"

"What are you talking about?" he asked. He still had an irritated tone, but he seemed curious.

"You tell anyone, especially Courfeyrac or Enjolras that I told you and I'll be forced to hurt you," I say.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Enjolras asked me out on a date for Friday and I said yes," I whisper.

He looks at me, shocked. "You and Enj?" he asks.

"It's one time," I quickly say.

"Well g-good for you," he says stuttering slightly.