Broken (pre Heros Of Olympus)

He was broken.

Nico di Angelo was so broken. He needed a light. Someone who could show him love and happiness. Someone who could make him love himself.

You swore to yourself that you would be that person.

At first it was hard. Nico didn't want anyone in his life. You didn't understand why until he told you.

"Everyone in my life leaves or dies. I don't want that happening to you."

You told him you didn't care. You just wanted him to be happy and have some light.

Eventuality you two bonded. He accepted you and let you into his life. You became best friends with the prince of the Underworld.

And soon you started to fall in love with him. He started to fall in love with you.

Everything was happy until you got accepted for a Quest with (your best friend name).

Nico held onto you like you were the only thing in his life that mattered. "I'll miss you (y/n)", Nico said while breathing in your sent for the last time in a while. "I'll miss you too Nico," you said into his neck.

"Promise me one thing (y/n)... Promise me you'll come back."

You nodded your head. "I promise"

And that's how you two parted. That's how you saw him for the last time. You saw him happy but alone since you were leaving him.

~~~

It's been almost a month since you left for your quest. Nico has been hanging around with Percy since he was his only other friend besides you.

The day he found out the news was his worst day.

(Your best friends name) rushed into his cabin tears streaming down her eyes.

"(Your best friends name) what's wrong," Nico asked.

"She didn't," she stared with a shaky voice. "She didn't make it." And then she broke out into a full on sob.

Nico stood there paralyzed. She can't be dead, he thought, she promised.

...

She promised...

Guys I'm so sorry this was such a shitty chapter :(