The Girl Gets The Gun

80sHoe and oblivious-skywalker have hilarious commentary through the story holy toledo xD
Ughgh I'm getting close to the end of the story and as much as I wanna draw this out and make a million shippy chapters I know I'll have to end it eventually and asdfghjkl noooo~

(Ps I had this published but it had a bunch of autocorrect mistakes the first time so I had to fix it so sorry if you got notified before about this xD) (Also Wattpad was glitching which was a huuuuuge pain so afsjdjeidhdhs sorry!)

***

Bill seemed very keen to take the red pill, but he kept scratching at his curly mop of hair and looking worriedly over at Neo.

I could tell he wanted to trust his old friend, but now something was different. That's how I'd felt. I wanted to trust all these people, but I couldn't quite bring myself to do it.

I would keep looking at Neo. Neo set me right. It's why I chose red in the first place: to be set right. It was a safety mechanism.

Except not today. Neo set me right; he always did. Something was wrong. I could tell by his expressions.

"Take Bill and get him out of here as fast as you can. Agents are heading here now." Neo said suddenly.

In a flash the pills were gone and a gun was in my hand.

I'd never fired a gun before in my life, and loud, sudden noises like gunfire made me jumpy and scared, but Neo needed me to do this, so I had to do it.

I took Bill by the hand and led him down the stairs to the back doorway before the agents could get a chance to block my exit.

The gun felt cold and smooth in my hand, but odd, like it shouldn't be there. Coda was at Bill's other side, watching behind us for any changes. He had his phone out and ready in case he had to call Tank or Zeke for information.

It was all too quiet, so that Coda speaking on the phone almost made me jump out of my skin.

"You'll need to take the back door and head down 3rd street. You'll have an exit waiting for you," Ezekiel said over the phone.

"Bill didn't take his pill yet," Coda said, barely a whisper.

Ezekiel cursed over the line.
"Then I'm telling Neo to meet you over on 7th. He'll have to take it in the car on the way, cause these agents are closing in. Third door on your right."

We worked as quietly as we could, despite my very fearful breathing. I had to let go of Bill's hand to cover my mouth to quiet down, and my nerves were making me really sweaty anyway.

Third door on the right. Coda opened it and----

Smith. He looked the same as he did at my apartment.

Something inside me that was not my own doing raised the gun and fired two shots at his head. It was instantaneous, almost like I'd expected it, and it really terrified me.

Then my legs began to run. I was practically dragging Bill down the hall by his shirt sleeve. The Matrix was taking over for me.

Gunshots rang out and I jumped in fear, but didn't look back.

"Down the fire escape, quick!" I cried, ushering Coda and Bill out of the window. I turned around to look as several Agent Smiths began bearing down on us.

Something caught my eye. Red. Blood. My leg was bleeding.

No time to think about that as I scrambled out the window, firing a few shots clumsily as I gripped the metal handles on the way down.