Between

You guys ever see Wicked the musical? Because I often listen to the Wicked soundtrack when writing this and tons of the songs remind me of Kate and Neo. Like Elphaba's love of Fiyero.... man, I got chills.

I was on my back, Neo above me, our clothing had been lost in the heat of the moment.

There was no air between us and we still were not close enough. Neo kept chaining his arms around me in an attempt to pull me into him. To become one.

His tongue was in my mouth and his fingers were massaging the soft flesh on my belly and around my hips. My tongue was in his mouth, and my hands were touching every muscle he had to offer me.

There was no space between the two of us, not even paper thin, and we still were not as close as we wanted to be. I was squirming beneath him as he found that spot on my neck where he could suck on my pulse. Hard. His hands were all over, and his heavy weight pinning me down under him.

It was all skin and heat and wet, sloppy, frantic kisses.

He moved, constantly changing to try and accommodate our position until he found that one motion that just worked.

It was awkward and wonderful and confusing.

Everyone said that this would be one of the most memorable days of a person's life. I believed them. Something like this was hard to forget, especially when it involves the love of your life.

It was like the details all ran together, but stayed vivid at the same time.

I remember hearing him, hearing his cries, wondering if I was doing something wrong. Wondering if he was in pain or enjoying himself.

I remember sweat. His sweat. My sweat. I remember skin. I remember his damp skin against my own, hands on my shoulders, chest to chest, mouth to mouth, teeth and tongue, all contact.

I remember pain. It hurt. He coaxed me through everything easily, taking it slow, making it romantic.

I remember the heat around my face as I blushed red, almost mortified to be seen in such a state. It was vulnerability and freedom at the same time.

I remember breathing. I remember the hitched breaths and sudden gasps that came from both of us, the surprise, occasionally laughing, the enjoyment. He sounded so...hot.

There really is no other word for it. Myself, I sounded strange and strangled, but him... well, Neo could do no wrong. Everything he did was perfect, from his fighting, even to desperate loving noises, he could have no faults. Perfectly imperfect. Human.

I remember kisses and I love yous spread evenly throughout the entire process. His kisses were like fire, down my neck, on my lips, hands, collarbone. Kisses. His kisses. Sweet and hot like lightning. I loved his kisses. They healed me every time and gave me hope.

I remember the holes on his skin, all along his spine, his arms, his chest, his legs. I remember kissing every one of them. I remember him doing the same to me. I remember purposefully seeking out the blemishes on his body that he never dared to show anyone in the computers.

I remember my legs in the way. I remember how he helped me, gently shifting them for me, making me as comfortable as he hoped to be.

Especially for being in a wheelchair, I never imagined something like this would even be possible, but apparently it was very, very possible. Not only possible, but it happened, and it was unforgettable.

As everything ended and our breathing and panting returned to normal, I fought the urge to cover up. Neo didn't bother, either, and pulled me close to him, kissing my temple and matting down my sweaty hair.