Time For School *Eva*

Connor is still sleeping when I wake up. I slept in the corner of his room where I landed. Not the most comfortable spot but oh well. I sit on the edge of his bed and poke his cheek.

"Connor," I say. His brown hair is swept across his forehead. He mumbles something and tries to swat my hand away. "Connor," I say again, this time shaking his arm.

"I just want sleep," he mumbles, hugging his pillow more.

"You have to go to school," I say. He groans and rubs his eyes.

"Can I skip?" he asks hopefully.

"No," I say. He scowls and sits up.

"So, uhm, what're you going to do today?" Connor asks.

"Going to school," I say like it's the most obvious answer.

"Yeah...okay," Connor says and stands up from his bed. He walks over to his closet then turns back to me. "I'll just be in the bathroom."

"Nah, you can stay in here," I say, pushing myself off the bed. I walk over to the window and fling it open. "I have stuff to do first. I'll be back around when you'll be leaving."

"Okay," is all he says.

I climb out the window and on to the roof. I spread my wings and the wind brushes against them, the soft caresses providing a calming affect. Not that I really needed one. I jumped off the roof and started flying. I love flying because I can feel the cold wind push against my skin. It helps me cool down when I get too angry or just need to think for a little bit.

Where am I going? The school. I have to persuade them to let me in. Well, this is where angel magic comes in handy. Just confuse their memories into thinking I already filled out a transfer form, poof the transfer form into their files and bam! I'm the new kid. I land in front of the school and look around. I hope no one saw a girl dropping from the sky.

"Hi!" I say as a lady comes walking around front. She looks up, startled but quickly recovers.

"Hello." She smiles at me. "Do you need something?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to talk to the principal," I say. She nods and motions for me to follow her.

I know what you all are thinking. Your wings! Well, here's the thing. The only people who can see my wings are the person I'm watching and other angels. I've got it covered.

"His office is right down there," the lady says, pointing down the hallway at a door labeled Principal. Well, what would've gave ya the clue?

"Thank you," I say, smiling at her. She smiles back at me. I walk down the hallway and knock on the door.

"Come in!" a male voice calls out. I push open the door and walk in. The principal is sitting at his desk. He looks to be in his forties, black hair and brown eyes. He's wearing a purple dress shirt with a black tie. "How may I help you?" He smiles at me.

"I'm the transfer student, Eva. I already filled out the transcripts and turned them in," I say. Here's how the whole persuasion thing works: you stare at the person in the eyes, tell them exactly what you want them to know and just like that, they're convinced.

"Of course," he says. He pulls a file out of his desk and opens it. "I have your transcript right here. Along with your schedule."

"Great," I say as he hands me my schedule. This is so easy.

"School starts in twenty minutes. We hope you enjoy it here," he says, closing the file and putting it away.

"Thank you. I'll just be going now," I say and slip out the door. I nod to the secretary at the desk and walk outside.

Next stop: back to Connor's house. I look around to make sure no one's watching. After looking three times and spotting no one, I take off. Angels can't fly straight up, if that's what you're thinking. Our wings don't work like that. We have to fly at some sort of angle. I call it angel angle. The rule, not the angle. I drop right in front of Connor's house as he walks out the door. When I land, he jumps back.

"Where did you...?" Connor asks then shakes his head. "Right, wings. Flying."

"Duhhhh," I say. He walks down the steps, a backpack slung over his shoulder. "You're walking?"

"I do everyday," he says.

"Oh my gosh, I was just there," I say. Connor rolls his eyes.

"Unless you wanna be late, let's start walking," he says, already walking ahead of me. I softly beat my wings to catch up with him. "You can't do that in school."

"Connor, calm down. I know," I say.

"What about your wings?" he asks.

"Only you and other angels can see them," I say. He just nods. "How long does this walk take?"

"Three more minutes. It's not that far but I guess you already know that," he says. "There's another thing, what are you going to do about your clothes?"

"Don't you know what shopping is?" I ask. He huffs and kicks a rock.

"With what money?" This boy is getting on my nerves.

"My parents sent me money. Well, in debit card form," I say, patting my pocket. There it is.

"What's Heaven like?" Connor asks.

"Oh it's wonderful. It's always spring. Heaven is split into two provinces. One for the spirits of the dead and the other for angels," I say.

"So you've never experienced fall, winter or summer?" he asks. I shake my head. "If you stay that long, you're in for a surprise. Fall's coming up."

"Three weeks away," I say. Connor looks at me like I'm weird. I shrug.

"Whatever. We're here. I'll, uh, catch you later," he says and walks off.

"Boys," I mutter. I look around at the now filled grounds of the school. There's this compass in my head that points me in the direction of someone sad or depressed. So, I just follow that compass. I can help others while I'm helping Connor.

I stand in front of a girl. She's wearing a hoodie with the hood pulled over her head. She has headphones in and I can hear a bit of the music from here. I tap on her arm and she looks up at me. It looks like she's been crying.

"Hi. I'm Eva," I say, sticking out my hand. She shakes it and gives a little smile.

"Hi Eva. I'm Belle," she says.