Saturday *Connor*

Morning light filters into the room. I pull the blanket over my head, earning a groan from beside me. I turn onto my right side and rub my eyes. Slowly, I open them. My eyes burn so I squeeze them shut. Waking up in the morning is so not an easy task. When I can finally open my eyes without them burning, I get a view of a sleeping Eva.

When I pulled the blanket over my head, I pulled it over Eva's head to leaving her hair a mess. She's wrapped herself in the blanket she bought yesterday. As soon as we got back to my house, she automatically took out the blanket and it hasn't left her since.

I'm so glad it's Saturday. This has been a long week. My mom is still in the hospital but she's awake. The doctors wanted to keep her until Monday just to keep an eye on her. Eva hasn't asked me what happened to her which is good. I'm not really sure what happened myself.

"What are you doing?" Eva whispers, her voice laced with sleep.

"Just thinking," I say quietly. There's something about the morning that makes me speak quietly. It's just too peaceful to speak normally.

"I'm staying under this blanket all day," Eva says, her voice muffled through the blanket.

"Well there's nothing to do today. You just might be able to," I say. Eva rubs her face against her blanket.

"So can I get breakfast in bed?" Eva asks.

"Oh no. That you'll have to get up for that. My dad should be visiting my mom at the hospital. At least, that's what he said," I say.

"Can you carry me then?" she asks and bats her eyelashes. "Pretty please?"

"Fine," I say. There was no way I could resist. She just looked so adorable. Yeah I know what you're thinking about. Rule five. Wait, were you? Just me? Okay.

"Yay," Eva says and yawns. "Can you make pancakes? I want pancakes."

"Anything else your majesty?" I ask.

"Yeah. Make 'em blueberry," Eva says. I roll my eyes and she giggles. "You asked."

"Should've kept my mouth shut," I say. Eva pouts. This girl is all over this place.

"Your eyes," Eva says out of nowhere.

"What?" I ask. Maybe I heard her wrong.

"Your eyes. They're super blue. Pretty," she says. I pull the blanket over my face to hide my blush. "Hey!"

The blanket is thrown into the air. Eva is sitting up, her blanket laying around her. The blanket falls back onto the bed, blocking her out of sight. She folds the blanket back. The air is so cold.

"Hey you!" I say, pulling on the blanket. "It's cold out there."

"Yes but my wings need to stretch and stop hiding your face bro," Eva says.

"Well," I say, sitting up. "Let's go get breakfast."

"Carry me," Eva says. I sit on the edge of my bed.

"I'll give you a piggy back ride. How 'bout that?" I say.

"Works for me," she says. She wraps her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist. I hold onto her legs as I stand up. "And away!"

"You're a dork," I say as I walk over to the door.

"I know you are but what am I?" Eva states.

"No just. Don't even go there. That is so annoying," I say. Eva laughs.

"I know you are but what is it?" she says. I groan causing Eva to laugh again. I think her goal is to annoy me sometimes. Neither of us know the reason she's here unless she really does and hasn't told me yet. That seems unlikely of her though even if I've only known her a week. "What're you thinking about that almost made you trip down the stairs?"