...Surprise? *Eva*

"You what?" I ask, a little loudly. Did he really just say that? I must be hearing wrong. He's just messing with me...right?

Connor's face turns bright red. "Forget I said anything," he says quietly, walking away from me. I can't seem to move. It's like lead is flowing through my veins. I watch him walk a foot away, two, four, five when I finally find the strength to move.

"Connor! Hold on!" I shout, running to catch up with him. I grab his arm and force him to stop. He turns to face me. I was about to say something but he grabs both sides of my face and kisses me. Just as quickly as it began, it ended.

"I...I didn't mean to do that," Connor says, wide eyed and sounding panicked. This counts as an emergency...right? Either way, I use my magic to poof the books back to Connor's house.

I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer, kissing him again. As cliché as it sounds, it started to sprinkle rain. Connor set his hands on my waist, kissing me back slowly. Butterflies erupt in the pit of my stomach. He pulls away as it starts to rain harder, soaking my hair and dripping onto my already wet shirt.

"B-but the rules, Ev..." Connor says quietly. Water droplets are dripping onto his face. I smile softly, wiping the water from his eyes.

"I don't care about the rules anymore," I say.

"I just don't want anything to happen to you," he says, his hand brushing wet strands of hair out of my face. With his wet hair being almost black, his eyes are the brightest blue I've seen them. Okay, besides when he's super excited and happy. Then that totally beats everything else.

"As long as I'm with you, I know I'll be okay," I say. Connor smiles at me.

I know what you're thinking. 'You're rushing it!' Is that what you're thinking? Well, you're totally right but I know I speak the truth. When you spend every second of every day with someone, you'll either fall in love or hate their guts. I happened to fall in love and I guess Connor did too. Maybe? I have no idea.

"Let's get home," Connor says, grabbing my hand and racing down the street. I laugh as we run through puddles, water splashing into my shoes, as rain pours down. It's a good thing my wings are water resistant.

"Shaking from the rain, rain," I sing while I jump into a puddle. "You really do know how to get the girl."

"And I wasn't even listening to you singing that song," Connor says. A car drives by, spraying water everywhere. Some people might be really annoyed with this but I love it. It never rains in Heaven. It's so fun, why don't people like it?

"Hey, that's quite rude," I say as we run up the steps and onto the roofed porch of his house.

"I was listening to your voice, not the words," he says. He shakes his head back and forth. Water hits me in the face. Now this, I do not like.

"Stop it, bro. Not cool," I say. Connor smirks and shakes his head again. I glare at him and shake my hair out in return. He gasps as my hair whips around. "Two can play that game." I push the hair out of my face.

"Whatever, Ev. Well, we can't go inside soaking wet. My parents would kill us," Connor says. He walks over and takes a seat on the porch swing. I step to the edge of the porch and spread my wings. I wonder how it would feel to fly in the rain. "Don't think about it. You need to dry off, not get even more soaked."

"But that would be so much fun," I say, casting a glance back at Connor. He's giving me the look like 'Don't even think about it.' I roll my eyes and heave a sigh. "Fine."

Instead, I just shake off my wings and tuck them back behind my back. I walk over and sit beside Connor. A silence closes around us besides the pitter patter of falling rain. Cars drive by, oblivious to the thing happening around them besides their destination and the weather. Across the street, I spot a tabby cat hiding under someone's car. That poor cat. I wonder if it has a home.