Chapter One

"So this is the building where we are meant to meet the Foot Clan?"
"Spooky."
I huffed in annoyance. This wasn't part of the plan. We were meant to just observe the city, making sure nothing was being disturbed but no, Danny had to order the talking truck to take us here. Light flickered in the building but something was amiss.
"From what I can see," June voiced her thoughts, lowering her night vision binoculars, "there isn't anyone in there but something is off about that building."
"How?" Felicia asked, her eyes hardening.
"In the back corner, there seems to be a doorway but the building isn't designed to hold another room."
"Then let's check it out," Danny smirked and jumped across to the next building.
"Danny wait!" I called and sighed. "Of course she does this."
I lead June and Felicia after Danny, sticking close to the shadows. Danny was already in the building and I felt the wind change, causing me to duck behind crates, holding the other two girls close while still staying in the shadows.
"Come on," Felicia said, swinging her Nun-chucks around, hitting the back of her head with a loud thunk. "Ow."
I sighed and dashed towards the building, my swords drawn. The whooshing sound of a stick being swung in the air filled my ears and just as we enter the building, the lights turn on and what we saw seemed to be impossible.
"No way," Felicia grinned, her eyes widening.
"How is this possible?" June questioned.
"Doesn't matter, dudette," called out a green skinned thing wearing an orange cloth around its eyes, a toothy grin on his face. "Join in."
"I am so there," Felicia said, jumping over a crate and swinging her Nun-chucks around, loudly hitting the Ninjas on the head.
Danny threw her Sai at a Ninja and split kicked a couple more. June looked at me and I looked at her.
"Duck!"
I did and June thrusted her Staff forward, to which I back-kicked, feeling the softness of a stomach against my foot. A loud crash sounded behind me and I turned, seeing a bunch of Ninjas behind me.
"Alex!"
I sighed and ran towards Danny, swinging my swords around, neatly intercepting the attacks from the Foot. Danny had her wrists tied by chains, to which the Foot were holding onto. Throwing my swords like they're a pair of boomerangs, they hit the chains, cutting Danny free. She smirked and split kicked again, knocking the Ninjas back. I grasped my swords and the other two girls joined us.
"Where are all these Ninjas coming from?" Felicia asked and we turned to June.
"Insufficient data boss," she said and I shook my head.
"Okay, new plan," I spoke and the girls listened. "Danny, clear a path out of here."
Danny nodded and tightened her black bandana around her eyes.
"June, you try and figure out where that secret door is."
"Got it."
"Felicia, you and I will cover for June. As soon as you find that door, we leave and come back another time."
"Okie dokie."
"Go!"
June sped off, her night vision goggles on her eyes, with Felicia and I in tow. Danny raced towards the front of the building, taking on as many Ninjas as she could.
"Felicia?"
The brunette looked at me, her eyes wide.
"I'll throw you."
She grinned and ran at me, monkey gripping my wrists. I pivoted on my foot and released Felicia as she swung her Nun-chucks around. She landed beside June and I moved beside them, watching the Fallen Ninjas.
"Bingo."
"You found it already?"
"Yeah, it wasn't hard."
"Come on, we have to get out of here," I ordered and the girls ran behind me as we made our way to help Danny.
"Nice of ya to join the party," Danny called and I swiped my swords at the Foot Ninjas who came towards me.
"We need to get out of here," I informed her. "June?"

"Yeah?" the girl in question knocked a Ninja to the ground, swinging her Bo Staff in her hands.
"Summon the Battle Shell."
"You got it."
I covered for June as she fished out the remote for the Battle Shell from her bag, pressing the big red button. A Ninja was racing towards her and before I could react, a huge figure appeared, holding what seemed like a Bo Staff. It swung that Staff at the Ninja, whom was caught off guard.
"Nice hit," a voice laced with authority ran through the building and I turned to see Danny being grabbed by her shoulders, flying through that air.
"Hey," she yelled, throwing her Sai at the figure.
"What the?" Felicia gasped, as she too was thrown from the area.
I looked at June and she nodded. We sprinted after the girls, only to have our exit cut off by a mountain, I mean a big, burly guy. June skidded to a halt and I slowed down, standing protectively in front of her.
"What do we do?" June whispered and the man grinned, showing off his white teeth.
"You need to get out of here," I whispered back and the man narrowed his eyes at me. "Find the others and get to the Battle Shell. If I'm not there in five minutes leave without me and get back to the Lair."
"Grace?" the man said and it was my turn to narrow my eyes.
"Wrong," I spoke, my voice shaking slightly. "My Mum's name is Grace."
"Hmm, seems like our intel was correct," the man continued and I felt June grip onto my shoulder. "The children of the turtles do exist."
"What?"
"Got ya!"
I grunted as June was pushed onto me and my feet left the ground, our bodies moving up towards the beams near the roof. Reaching out, I wrapped my arms and legs around a beam, June gripping tightly onto my shoulders.
"Alex, I'm slipping."
"Grab my hands."
June nodded and let go of my shoulders, only for me to release my arms from the beam and gripped onto June's wrists, almost like a monkey grip.
"I'm going to swing you to the window."
She nodded and I moved my arms, swinging her towards a shattered window. Releasing my grip on the beam with my legs, we plummeted towards the window, a piece of glass cutting my cheek. We landed on our feet, near where the pier was next to the building.
"Get to the Battle Shell," I ordered and June nodded, sprinting away.
The man ran out of the shed, towards me, too which I turned on my heels and raced towards the edge of the pier, leading him away from the truck.
"Come back here."
"Catch me if you can!"
I jumped off the edge off the pier and dived into the water, swimming as far down as I could, hoping to hold my breath for as long as possible.

I don't know how long I had been down the water, avoiding the men from that shed but I was so sure it had been more than thirty minutes at least and I didn't feel any sort of uncomfortableness in my lungs at all. Frowning, I looked around and saw a huge shape swimming towards me in a sideways motion.
Alligator?
I turned and swam away from the shape, hoping it didn't see me. Glancing of my shoulder, I gasped as best I could underwater and swam faster, the shape gaining on me. Unfortunately, I wasn't watching where I was going and swam straight into an underwater sewage entrance, hitting my head on the grate. Groaning, I rubbed my head and turned to see the shape was literally right on top of me.
The alligators' eyes watched me, an unreadable expression on them. His eyes moved upwards, over my shoulder before travelling to my right bicep, where my blue bandana was wrapped. His eyes narrowed and he roared. I flinched and shrank back, the uncomfortableness of not breathing hit me like a wave, no pun intended. I tried moving towards the surface, but the alligator was in my way. My vision blurred and my eyes slowly closed shut.
As Raphael would say, the old turtle luck true to form, whatever the turtle part means.