Chapter 3

A hand gripped tightly onto my shoulder as I watched the redhead get pummelled to the ground. I growled, watching as the orange and brown haired girl with her shrieked, her purple eyes wide with fright. The smaller form to my left tensed, his hands curling into fists and the hand on my shoulder dropped.
"We need to help them," I snapped, standing up straighter and the form behind me sighed.
"You know we can't," it said and I rolled my eyes, watching at the girl moved into a protective stance, holding her Bo Staff in front of her.
"Look."
We all turned our heads to see the blue haired girl and the brunette show up, landing in protective stances around the fallen redhead.
"June, what happened?" asked the blue haired girl, glaring at the four Ninjas surrounding them.
"One of them got Alex," 'June explained briefly and the blue haired girl gripped her Sais, twirling them through her fingers. "Danny what do we do?"
"We do what Alex would do," 'Danny, the blue haired girl, responded, her eyes narrowing as the Ninjas advanced. "We run."
They did just that, with Danny and June picking up Alex. The brunette followed behind, with the Ninjas close.
"Should we help them?" the form to my left said and we turned to the form behind us.
"Yes, let's go."
We sprinted after them, jumping over the roofs, flipping and rolling to catch our falls. The smaller form threw chains at the Ninjas, to which three of them fell, one jumping and flipping in the air. It turned to face us, pulling out a sword from the sword harness on their back.
"I am so gonna enjoy this," I grinned, pulling out my own set of steel, my prized Sai.
"You have no business here," the Ninja spoke and I was caught off guard.
"What?" I breathed and the Ninja dashed forward, bringing down the sword from above.
I blocked and kicked at the Ninja, hitting it in the stomach. The Ninja flew backwards, hitting the wall behind it. The other three were back on their feet, fitting the other two forms.
"Guys, you need to get out of there," a voice said through the headset. "Targets have gone."
"Move it," said the form that was behind me earlier.
I growled at the Ninja I kicked and pulled off the mask, my glare softening.|
"No," I breathed and received a powerful kick to the plastron.
I hit the wall behind and fell to the ground, where I rubbed the back of my head.
"Let's go."
I jumped to my feet and followed the other two forms, jumping from shadow to shadow, heading back to the fourth form who is currently hiding at an apartment in the older part of New York.
"Come on, window's open."
Slipping through the window last, I shut it and closed the curtain, turning around to see the fourth form hunched over in front of a computer screen, with a red haired woman sitting next to him. On the couch, a man with dark blue hair was sipping on a bottle of beer, his eyes glued to the hockey game on the small t.v. screen.
"How did it go?" the woman asked.
"We saw them."
"As in Alex, Danny, June and Felicia?" the man asked, becoming aware of what we were talking about.
"Yeah," I answered and the man smiled, taking another sip of beer.
"Are you going to tell them?" the woman asked, biting her lower lip and the form behind the computer looked up from the screen to the form leaning against the wall.
"When the time is right, we will but first," he paused, his eyes shifting to each of us briefly before looking out the window into the alleyway behind the building. "I think it's time we return home."
"Leo," the woman said. "Are you sure that is a good idea? I mean, it's been years since Splinter has seen you."
"If you two came with us, it would be easier for him," Leo continued and the woman turned to me. "April, we have been stuck here with you and Casey for thirteen years, hiding from Sophie, Gracie, Rosie and Haidley."
April sighed, knowing she wasn't going to win this argument against Leonardo, the Fearless Leader of his own team. The old woman, now aged fifty-five, turned to her husband, who hasn't long turned fifty-seven, her eyebrows raising at him.
"I am too old for this," he grumbled and I laughed at him.
"Mikey, Donnie, Raph," Leo said and we all turned to face him. "We're going home."

Slipping and sliding through the sewers like we use to when we were teenagers, we made it to the entrance of the lair in no time, with April and Casey not far behind. Leo stood up, straightening out his sword harness over his shoulder and tightening his bandanna. Mikey, Donnie and I did the same, before we all took a deep breath.
"This is it," April smiled, leaning against Casey as he placed his hand on her waist. "Are you ready?"
"As ready as we'll ever be," Mikey answered and the three of us smiled in agreement, watching as April unlocked our front door, using the keypad hidden within a pipe.
Casey and April both entered first, Casey calling out to Sensei. Leo tensed, a million thoughts running through his head. I put my hand on his shoulder and he smiled at me, reassuringly. Taking a deep breath, he entered first, with Donnie and Mikey behind him. I closed the door, trailing behind my brothers. We spotted April and Casey following Master Splinter into his room, behind those sliding green paper doors.
"Okay, guys," Leo said and we approached Splinters' room.
"Splinter, we've kept something from you and the girls for years," April said and I could only imagine Splinters' reaction.
"If it has to do with my sons, I don't want to know," Splinter sighed and my eyed widened.
That was not the reaction I was expecting from my own father. Mikey looked at us, a look of shock on his face.
"I have come to terms with the fact that my sons perished in their training in Japan," Splinter continued. "Gracie, Sophie, Haidley and Rosie did the right thing, taking their daughters from the sewers and making sure they never knew about me, about their fathers, about him. It was by accident did they stumble across the lair. I am sorry, April, Casey, but I think you should go home."
"But Splinter," Casey spoke up, "if you would just give us a minute, we both think you should see this."
Splinter sighed and the doors opened to reveal April smiling at us. Leo entered first, followed by Donnie, me and finally Mikey. Splinter's eyes were wide, his mouth hanging open slightly. Tears were forming in his eyes and I heard Mikey sniffle.
"Hey dad," I mumbled and Splinter wiped a stray tear from his cheek.
"Sorry we took so long getting back," Donnie stuttered and Splinter smiled.
"We completed our training," Mikey piped up."
"I am so glad to see you, my sons," Splinter bowed before getting us, using his walking stick to make his way over to us. "How is it that you are alive? Those letters sent back to us all say you died tragically."
"About that," Leo said, rubbing the back of his head, "our 'deaths' actually happened but, the four Masters used some sort of healing herb to bring us back."
"I see," Splinter said, stroking his beard before whacking us across the head each with his walking stick. "That is for putting your wives and I through all this sadness."
"Ow," Mikey groaned, rubbing where Splinter his him, while Leo, Donnie and I flinched.
"But I am glad you are home, safe and sound."
"Splinter!"
"We've got wounded."
Footsteps approached the room and my brothers and I met eyes, before melting into the shadows to move to the ceiling, our shuko spikes holding us there.
"What has happened?" Splinter asked and the girl with blue hair, Danny, appeared.
"It's Alex," she said and her eyes widened when she saw April and Casey. "Grandma? Granddad? What are you doing here?"
"We will explain later," April answered, "Now what's happened to Alex?"
Danny led the humans to the lounge area, with Splinter looking up at us before leaving, his tail swinging behind him. We all looked at Leo, who nodded and we landed on the ground silently. Making our way soundlessly through the lair, we found June running from Donnies' old lab with bandages in her hands, her purple eyes wide with fright.
Knowing Donnie, he would want to help and speak of the devil I was right. Donnie started to make his way over to the couch to help but Leo placed a hand on his shoulder, pulling him back. Donnie begged at Leo with just his eyes and Leo sighed, dropping his hand. Donnie smiled at Leo and made his way over to the couch.
"You do know that first you need to clean the wound, right?" he asked and a scream filled the lair, followed by a thud on the ground.