-four-

lmfao yo i can literally hear him saying 'cmonnnnn its just a game!"

May 4, 1936 - 9:00 p.m.

Emmett watched his best friend before him, her already big eyes taking the shape of saucers, pink lips slightly agape, and he could clearly hear her heart-rate rapidly increasing. He inhaled deeply at the smell of her blood radiating off of her - it was definitely something he had never been around before. It smelt of things that were overwhelmingly sweet - honeysuckles, lilies, gardenias, and maybe chocolate? He wasn't exactly sure, but he did know that it was something extremely enticing.

He clenched his fists tightly; he didn't know why he was here. Carlisle and Edward had spent hours upon hours trying to convince the young vampire not to leave to see her. But, he was headstrong and Emmett was going to do what Emmett wanted to do.

Except now, he really regretted on coming because when she spoke his name in confusion, it took every ounce of self control to not lunge himself at her.

He opened his mouth to speak - though his voice was hoarse from his parched throat, "Hi, Darla."

Darlene's eyesight wasn't that good in the dark, though she could see the smirk that arose to his cheeks, his boyish dimples that she loved appearing. She took a step forward, her shoes crunching under the dirt, though he quickly took a step back. 

"U-Um, I-I thought you were dead? A-Am I dead?" She had intended for her words to be a statement, though it came out more as a question. 

It was getting harder for Emmett to not suck her dry the longer he stood there. Her heartbeat was still pumping rapidly, making the smell harder to ignore. His eyes glanced around at their surroundings; no one was around for miles. He didn't know why he had kept control for so long, but it was almost as if his subconscious was forcing him to keep control; he wouldn't live with himself if it was him that had ever harmed Darlene.

"No - you're not dead. And it's a long story, Darlene."

Darlene folded her arms across her chest, "I have plenty of time."

Emmett frowned, "Yeah, but I don't. Look - I, I uh, have to go." He muttered.

But before he could run off, he was caught short by Darlene's voice. "Please don't go." She whispered, "My best friend has been supposedly dead for over a year, and I just now got him back. Just... Please. Don't leave."

Emmett was facing away from her, but he could tell her voice was wavering, and he was sure that she was crying. And if his heart was still beating, he knew it would completely crumble at her words. He hated that he was reason for her tears - he had been since he had been mauled by that bear. Except, there wasn't a single thing he could do.

He didn't want to turn her into what Rosalie had turned him into. Darlene wanted to grow old, have children and watch them grow and let them have her grandchildren. He knew Darlene wanted to watch the world evolve around her - she was always fascinated by the new technologies simple people were coming up with. 

So, with a final sigh, he restrained from turning around and hugging her for the last time, he simply said, "I'm sorry." and was gone in the blink of an eye.

this was kinda a filler soz. i love u all have a great weekend