-fourteen-

November 12, 1936

She wasn't sure how long she had been there, (wherever there was), listening to the outside world happen around her and the strange voices speaking from beside her. All she did know was that she was alive, and breathing. The pain she felt coursing through her veins for the past several days (or was it months?) was all the proof she needed that she was still alive.

She had been enclosed in darkness for who knows how long.

But that was until her eyes flashed open.
It took a brief second for her eyes to adjust to the bright light pouring in from the nearby windows.
Her mouth fell slightly agape at the way the light shone before her; it was like she was seeing everything from a different point of view.

The light shone with a type of iridescence, rainbows making themselves evident from every angle she turned her head. She squeezed her eyes shut tightly for a brief moment before reopening them - this couldn't be real. Everything seemed clearer.

Her eyes drifted around the room she sat in. This most definitely wasn't her room or even one she recognized in the slightest. It was much larger than her own, and less cluttered. It had cream colored walls, and mahogany floors. The crown molding ran around the whole room, the intricate detail catching Darlene's eye for just a moment.

Her eyes dropped to the bed she sat upon; the plush white comforter had only been wrinkled in the slightest from her body weight. It hadn't looked like she had been laying in this bed for who knows how long.

Darlene eventually adverted her gaze to what she was wearing. It wasn't what she had been wearing at the party either.

Reality had set in at the thought of the party.

She remembered the man from that night. His glowing, crimson eyes and how he looked like something straight from her nightmares. And the way she felt around him, as if she was put in a trance and was forced to talk to him against her will.

Her anxiety started to kick in as she stood on shaky legs and stumbled her way over to the vanity that sat on the other side of the room. Her fingers gripped the wood of the vanity tightly as she finally saw her reflection for the first time.

Her skin was pale, paler than before; it was almost a milky white color. Yet, it was flawless. She glowed in a way that she only thought angels could glow. Darlene had thought she was pretty before, but now she looked.. Beautiful.

Yet, her attention didn't focus too long on her now symmetrical face or flawless skin, instead it focused on her glowing red eyes. Her breath caught in her throat and her fingers gripped more tightly to the vanity, the wood breaking off in her fingers. She felt the wood crumble in her hands, and a gasp left her parted lips at her newfound strength.

She knew what she was, but she didn't want to believe it. She couldn't believe it.

She didn't want to think about how she was the same monster that Emmett had become. She was the same thing that was the sole reason why Emmett was taken from her in the first place.

And luckily for her, her thoughts were put on pause as the door to the bedroom burst open. The crumbled wood fell from her hands as she stared at Emmett in the doorway, his mouth agape. Darlene's eyes drifted to the rest of the vampire clan standing behind Emmett, them all sneaking a peek at the newborn vampire.

Darlene let out a breath as she ran to Emmett, her arms wrapping around his neck as she pulled him into a hug. Emmett didn't move at first, the shock of seeing this new Darlene settling on him. Yet, he quickly wrapped his arms around her.

She wasn't warm like she used to be.

Darlene relaxed into his touch, but pulled away from the hug nonetheless. "I'm one of you, aren't I?" She questioned, her eyes drifting over all of them.

They all stood there, watching her as if she was something breakable. And no one spoke a word - the silence was her only conformation.

Yet, Carlisle was the first one to speak, "I suppose it's time we teach you how to hunt, yeah?"

PLEASE READ:

OKAY WOW. I'm back every1!! school is finally out for the summer so more updates are to be expected of me :)

also i have something i want to talk to everyone about. I'll probably be mentioning this when i update dream as well, since these 2 are my most popular fics and I think i could really use everyones help!

i've recently been dealing with intense anxiety due to something i did over a month ago and it's been making me experience this thing called 'derealization'. and if you're not sure what it is, it's basically where you feel as if nothing is real; wether it be yourself or your surroundings, and that youre watching yourself/life through a window almost. (i'm not that good at explaining it, but you can always google it!)

But i guess what I'm getting at is if anyone has dealt with this, do any of you have anything that could help me to deal with this? it's really frustrating and scary and it would just help if anyone gave me some advice, or just talked me through it.. please feel free to message me privately or comment!

i love u all so much thank you so much for sticking around.