-eleven-

November 1, 1936 - 10:36 p.m.

"Darlene.. I'm in love with you."

There was a moment of silence for Darlene, yet for Emmett the silence was covered up by the sound of Darlene's rapid heartbeat. 

Darlene's mind raced as Emmett's words finally sunk in, "Y-You're what?"

Emmett gave a soft smile, "I'm in love with you, Darlene Madge Hyde. I'm in love with everything about you - I've been head over heels for you since the first day. I'm in love with the way you crinkle your nose when you laugh, or how you sing or talk to yourself when you feel like no ones listening. But, what I love most about you is how you accept me for who I am - Vampire or human." 

Emmett's speech made Darlene unintentionally smile, "I'm in love with you too, Em." She breathed out, her grin growing wider. She never realized how good it would feel to say those words aloud. And before Darlene could process what was happening, Emmett cupped her jaw, his hand guiding her mouth to his. 

And Darlene finally understood the 'spark' her friends at school spoke about. Yet, this wasn't a spark - it was more like fireworks on Fourth of July. 

Their lips moved in sync, the cold air around them not seeming to bother her. The only thing Darlene could feel was Emmett, and she didn't want to lose that feeling. Yet, Emmett pulled away and Darlene took in a breath she didn't realize she needed.

Emmett grinned like a kid on Christmas morning, his eyes gleaming as he wrapped his arms around Darlene's waist, him spinning her around. The motion made Darlene giggle aloud, the two not even caring which neighbors they woke up. 

   ♛ 

"So, what do you say?"  

The sound of Rita, Darlene's friend's voice asked on the opposite end of the telephone line, her question resulting in the smile that formed on Darlene's voice. There was a birthday party in the city for the girls' friend, one that Darlene had been thinking of for a while recently. 

"Yeah! I'd love that, Rita! Tonight right?"

Rita hummed in response, "Yes - Uh, Charlie and I will pick you up somewhere around 6:30. You still live on Bradport Lane, right?"

Darlene gave a confirmation and the two quickly ended the conversation, both buzzing with excitement for the night ahead - yet, neither of them expected what tragedy lied ahead come nightfall.

this was pretty short but i will be updating VERY soon. again, for those of you who don't read 'dream', i'm sorry for my disapperance once more!! my laptop charger broke and i honestly can't stand updating on my phone, but im back now :)

also ps im thinking about making a draco malfoy fic, but the plot line is still a bit rough around the edges, so if yall wanna help please go for it. and ALSO i did post a jacob black fic  several weeks ago so please go read that :) i love u guys