-eight-

October 31, 1936 - 7:55 p.m.

Halloween. It was one of Darlene's favorite times of the year. The brisk air that chilled you to the bone, the spooky Jack-o-lanterns sitting on everyone's porches and the loud giggles of the trick-or-treating children dressed in their costumes.

Darlene usually spent her Halloween nights dressed in princess, fairy, or witch costumes following along behind her sisters as they went door to door for candy. Though tonight, Darlene sat home alone with a book in her lap, as her parents went to a Halloween party and her sisters went trick-or-treating with their new friends from school.

The blonde girl let out a huff of air as she placed her paperback on the table next to her. She couldn't concentrate on the words that her eyes skimmed over multiple of times; Emmett kept creeping back into her mind.

There had only been two more incidents where the two had seen each other once more since he made the 'big reveal'. It was hard for her to come to terms with the fact that he was a.. vampire. Yet, the more she saw him, the more she noticed the small and big differences. Like the way his scarred skin he had the years before had faded and were no longer visible on his porcelain, cool skin. Or his new found strength that seemed to appear out of nowhere; it wasn't like he wasn't strong before, but this time it was almost inhuman.

Darlene was so lost in thought, she almost didn't notice the incessant knocking on the front door. Quickly rushing to the hardwood and unlocking the two locks, she pulled back the door to see the one and only Emmett leaned up against the door frame. A smirk adorned his face as he watched Darlene's wide-eyed gaze meet his.

"Happy Halloween," He grinned as he held up a small bag that was obviously filled with different candies. Darlene grinned as she grabbed his wrist, pulling him inside as she closed the door behind him. She led him to the living room and sat on the floor, the maroon carpet under her rubbing against her thighs.

"Where did you get this?" She giggled as she took the bag from his hands.

"I may have took some from a few kids." He stated innocently, a sheepish grin taking its place on his lips.

Darlene's eyes widened, yet the grin that formed was uncontrollable, "You didn't!" She gasped, a small giggle leaving her mouth as she hit his shoulder.

He shrugged nonchalantly, the grin on his face never leaving. Darlene giggled as she dumped the insides of the bag on the rug. She grinned as she saw all of her favorites, such as Three Musketeers, Good News Bars, Boston Baked Beans, and Tootsie Pops.

Unwrapping one of the many chocolate bars, she bit into the candy.

"So," She mumbled as she swallowed the chocolate, "what's up?"

Emmett shrugged, "I've been thinking-"

Darlene giggled to herself, "Who knew you did that?"

Emmett rolled his eyes at her joke, "Oh, hush, Darla. As I was saying though, I've been thinking that I want you to meet some people." Darlene raised her eyebrows, her eyes connecting with his, "What kind of people?"

"Let's just say they're some... friends."

didnt really like this update im sorry!! also sorry for the long delay!!

but guys im having a dilemma! Im scared im falling in love with this boy and i really dont know what to do pls hElp