1.So You Think School's Over? *Poof!* Here's an Exam to Finish You Off

A/N Hey guys, this is my first fanfic (will include Solangelo later on. Be patient) and I wanted you to comment on the how the first chapter was.

Hi. Thalassa here.

It was the second last day of school. I was studying for my last exam. Latin, that is. It seemed that even my own fingers were more interesting than the book I was reading. Everyone was anticipated to go back home to reunite with their parents. I didn't care as much, since I had no home to return to, but if it meant no more English essays, I was sold.

Why I'm stuck in boarding school you ask? Well, I never knew who my father was and my mother threw me on the streets when I was three. I don't remember either of them. The police found me in a cardboard box and took me to an orphanage and an unfortunate woman decided to foster me when I reached the age of five. Little did she know how much trouble that would cause. Maybe I'm a harbinger of bad luck or maybe the universe just hated me, but at least once a month, some mysterious attack happened and I ended up being in the centre of the tornado of destruction. The poor woman didn't know what to do with me. She felt guilty for thinking about bringing me back in the orphanage just because I attract problems. Rather large ones in fact.

When I reached the age of 12, she gave up and considered giving me back to the orphanage but I snuck out and ran away before she got the chance. I've kept a low profile since then, trying to make enough money for necessities (clothes, food etc.). I joined boarding schools, but every year I got kicked out for a disaster that I always happen to be the cause of. They wouldn't even give me a chance to explain. Lots of weird things happened before but you probably wouldn't believe me if I told you of the things I see.

Anyway, two years later, here I was, reading a book that mentioned the Greek gods and how the Greeks used to worship them. Pfft, I thought. Those Greeks were a demented little bunch weren't they?  I continued trying to read the paragraph with my stupid dyslexia. With every word, I got more and more frustrated, more and more words swim off the page and float around the book. Thanatos. Tantalus. The difference between these names is so hard to distinguish. Hercules. Heracles. Greek. Roman. Aphrodite. Venus. Was the biggest planet in the solar system named Jupiter because Zeus is the ruler of the gods? Ugh, stop getting distracted. But I couldn't help myself. My mind kept wandering off to the planets. What if the smallest planet, Pluto (I refuse to listen to the scientists. Pluto deserves to be a planet. It's not fair), was named after Hades because he was the outcast? Argh! Stop it!

Finally, I snapped. I picked up the book and threw it across the room and landed outside of my room. I stormed off into the bathroom and washed my face.

Water always seemed to replenish me and calm my nerves. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. It stared back at me with its sea green eyes, olive skin, and chocolate brown hair. I noticed I had bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep. I'm never well rested these days. Ever since I ran away, I've been taking up small jobs (dog walking, babysitting etc.) to save up money for college, which, of course, meant lack of sleep. I do my best to pay attention in class, but the only subject that didn't set my mind to zombie mode was Latin. The craziness of these myths always amused me, therefore keeping me awake in class.

After cooling off, I walked out into the hallway to retrieve my book. I looked down at the floor and stopped. Where did the book go? It couldn't have just flown off. I looked further down the hall until my eyes reached the book, forty feet away from my door.

Did I throw that? I thought incredulously. I never had the strength to do something like that. I was the kind of person who hated gym class and always made excuses to avoid playing sports. Sue me, but the only sport I actually excelled at was swimming. My swim coach always said that I may outshine Micheal Phelps someday, but to me that didn't seem like much of an accomplishment. Swimming wasn't important in school much. Football and soccer were the only respected sports here. I went to retrieve my book and was too stunned to continue reading properly but somehow, I miraculously made it through the night.