7.The Kiss (For Real This Time)

A/N Sup, guys? Here's a big fat chapter to make up for the long wait. Now there is a proper kiss.

"Who's Màgos?"

I jolted up from my slumber and punched something.

"Ow!"

I rubbed the gunk out of my eyes to see my only half brother, Percy.

"Sorry, didn't mean to do that. What were you saying?", I asked. Percy's eyes narrowed suspiciously as he questioned, "Who's Màgos?" Oh no. I must have talked in my sleep. "Màgos? He's just a friend of mine. Son of Hecate." I said as heat burned my face. Percy took on a defensive look, which repressed my burning face. I've heard that he could look scary when he wanted to, but right now he looked like a stubborn kid.

"Did he hurt you, sis?

I can scar him till he dies,

If you want me to."

Was he speaking in Haiku? Percy seemed to realise that and clamped his mouth shut. That must have been what Will was up to, but I seemed to be fine. I laughed and assured, "It's okay, bro. He's really nice. He helped me harness my 'Poseidon' powers." I made air quotes at 'Poseidon'. Percy's defensive expression immediately changed into a sly smile.

"Oh. Well in that case,

You're totally into him,

Am I right, lil' sis?"

The heat returned to my face again. "Am not!" "Are too!" "Am not!" "Are too!" "Whatever. What time is it?", I asked. I was a little worried I might have woken up at three o'clock or something. I tended to do that sometimes. I would've brought Nico down. "Breakfast is starting, actually." With a sigh of relief, I picked up my dagger and strapped it to my belt. People have either been intimidated by me or were reverent to me, lately. The only people who treat me as an equal so far were Percy, Jason, Nico, and... Màgos. The thought of him made me giddy. I went to the bathroom to get changed into a fresh pair of jeans and a new Camp shirt. I made my way to the dining pavilion and spotted Nico sitting at the Hades table between Percy and Jason and in front of a brown haired girl with kaleidoscopic eyes and the girl I saw before. The one with blonde curls and stormy grey eyes. But right now her eyes twinkled with amusement as Percy and Jason must have been speaking in haikus. Nico seemed to be fine so I sat alone at the Poseidon table.

I didn't mind being alone. It gave me time to contemplate life. I was almost done with my cereal when I heard someone say, "What's up?" I steadied my breathing. It was Màgos. He sat next to me with his plate of pizza. "You eat pizza for breakfast?", I asked. Smooth, I thought. Instead of replying with a greeting like a normal person, you ask a stupid question. He chuckled and said in defence, "Hey! You can eat anything you want when you're a demigod." "Touché, my demigod friend. Touché." We laughed together. My eyes swept over the other tables and I caught Percy's sight. He looked between Màgos and I and winked. Ugh. Of all the brothers in the world, mine had to be a fanboy. I glared back at him but he just grinned and looked back at his friends. "Why are you glaring at Percy?" My attention snapped back to Màgos. "I thought having a sibling was cool, but now I take that back." I replied, scowling. "Oh, yeah? Well I have a whole cabin of snoopy siblings. Deal with it." he said with a smirk. He should smirk more often. Makes him look even hotter, a small part of me thought. The sane part of my brain countered, You idiot. Since when did you ever like someone? You're the happy single, Thalassa. Get your facts straight. It was true. As I enrolled in a different school every year, I've heard of people getting relationships in third grade. Which kind of annoyed me, because they would claim to have a mutual break up a week later. I'm not that kind person. I don't have a new romance drama story every week. I'm as down to earth as anyone can get. I don't just go off with someone on a temporary relationship, just to come back the next day and say, he wasn't that good. If I like someone, it means they're special. I would fall hard for them, which is why I avoid that and move on. But I saw that I wasn't doing a good job at that with Màgos. Our common amount of sarcasm made us get along quite well. His snarky but kind personality wasn't helping my case either.