11. Prophecy? You Have Got to Be Kidding Me

You don't remember me Thalassa? I'm your cousin.

The words resonated through my head over and over again, like a broken record. We were cousins and his aunt gave me away? Anger coursed through me. She was the reason I lived my life in a boarding school, trying to get a job and save up for college.

"Thals?" asked Leo.

"You're my cousin?" I asked in a low tone.

"Yes."

"And is your aunt still alive?"

"Your mom? Of course, didn't you live with her?" he asked curiously.

"She's not my mom if she threw me in the streets for some else to look after."

Leo blinked at me with wide eyes then puffed his cheeks looking at the ground, "Damn, I knew she was evil, but not cruel."

I pursed my lips and sighed, "I really don't care anymore. She probably thought I was some demon child when something strange happened."

"Join the club," said Leo in an exasperated tone before furrowing his eyebrows. "Wait, are you a child of Hephaestus like me? Because if so I really need to have a serious talk with him."

I smiled and shook my head, "Nope. Daughter of Poseidon."

Leo's eyebrows shot up and he grinned before making wide gestures with his hands, "Wow so Poseidon has a thing for psychotic and evil Hispanic ladies. Good to know. But that's cool, so fire and water. We could be the dynamic duo, ya know? Fight crime, bring justice, get millions of fans. Wait, I feel like I'm missing something important. Did I forget to mention something?"

I tapped my foot patiently, waiting for him to realize.

"Wait a second. There aren't supposed to be any children of Poseidon. Except for Percy I guess."

"Congrats it took you 27 seconds to notice."

Leo grinned, "Really?"

"No, I was too lazy to count. Now come on if you don't want to miss lunch." I said before walking off, leaving a dejected looking Leo who muttered, "Aw, I thought I broke my record."

We arrived at the Pavilion and everyone immediately greeted Leo. The Seven, Nico, and Will, told him to join the table so they could talk about his disappearance. Leo explained everything and all of them nodded in understanding but I was confused as I didn't take part in the war.

Lunch continued as normal until I noticed everyone go quiet, their jaws slackening, their wide eyes following something not in my line of sight. Why do they look so shocked? I turned around and nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw a horrifying sight.

A red haired girl with glowing green eyes and green mist pouring out of her mouth walked towards us.

Wait.

Never mind, she was walking towards me.

She grabbed me by the shoulders and seemed to stare into my soul, her glowing orbs scaring me half out of my wits.

Sorcerer of the elements, princess of the sea,
It's almost time to search for your destiny.
A potential war against the god of strife,
Will only be resolved by the heir of human life.
But the heir of life has been weakened by fate,
Only the prince of death may bring forth her powerful state.
But now's not the time to begin the quest,
For only when all arrive shall this be put to rest.