10. Persassy's Sass is too Sassy

A/N Hey guys. Sorry for the six month wait. I kind of felt like I wasn't getting enough reads and got bored so I stopped for a while. But now I'm back! By the way, I decided to go back and edit the other chapters to clear things up, because I felt like my plot was confusing and vague. So if you're having trouble understanding the plot, you can go back and read over the chapters again.

Thalassa's POV

When I walked out of the infirmary after apologising to Nico, I headed for the arena. Once I got there, I took my tooth dagger out of its sheath and slowly approached the straw dummies. I cut one's head off, easy. But that's because it wasn't moving. It annoyed me. There was no challenge. Immobile dummies can't dodge or attack, so it made me feel stupid. I've practiced a lot in my free time, but I didn't feel any improvement. I sighed and sat down with my legs crossed. I placed my elbow on my shin and placed my chin on my palm. I needed something difficult. Sure, you could fight other demigods in the arena, but very few were here at the time. And not many wanted to fight me. They apparently think I have an unfair advantage with water because it gives me godly energy. Ugh. Everyone treats me like a dangerous chemical, except for Jason, Percy, Nico, Will, and Màgos. Just then, the last said name called out, "Need some help?"

I made a small jump and whipped my head around to see Màgos standing behind me, smirking like an idiot. "Holy Hades, are you seriously gonna keep scaring me like that every time we meet?" He pulled me up while smirking and replied, "Are you gonna keep getting scared every time we meet?" I narrowed my eyes and so did he. We had a staring contest and neither of us backed down. There was a mischievous glint in his brown-violet eyes and a small smile on his face, which made him look cute.

The thought made heat rise up my face so I looked away before he could see my blushing and sighed in defeat, "Fine, you win. But why are you here?" Beside me, I heard him say, "Well, you seemed troubled so, as I said, do you need some help?" The heat seemed to recede as I said, "The opposite, actually. You see, these dummies are easy to cut into pieces. Too easy. And no one wants to spar with me so I can't work on my technique." He raised his hand to his chin as if contemplating, then said, "Well, I'm no good with weapons, but do have an idea." He ran off towards the cabins while I rolled my eyes and closely followed him.

We stopped in front of cabin twenty, the Hecate cabin. Màgos touched the door with his palm and said, "Anoichtó" At the back of my mind  though, I heard open. And that's what the door did. "Wait," I said, raising my hands in confusion. "So all you have to do is touch the door and say open in Greek and the door will open? Wow, some great security system you got there." He rolled his eyes and said, "No. If it doesn't sense the blood of Hecate when you touch it, it'll release a pig ball." "What's a pig ball?" I asked. "A ball that turns you into a pig." he replied simply. "Now, come on." he said as he entered his cabin. I sighed and stepped inside carefully. I didn't want to grow a snout and tail anytime soon.

Well, it was empty.

There were no beds or desks. Nothing. "Where is all the furniture?" I asked. "Covered by Mist." replied Màgos. I was about to ask what the Hades that was supposed to mean, but he waved at a spot in front of him and a mini chemical lab appeared. A large desk with many containers with many different shapes and liquids and powders. "I thought Mist made mortals see things differently." I pointed out. "It also obscures objects and changes the fabric of reality." he said as he inspected each label carefully.

He grabbed a flask labeled Bone Powder and picked out a jar labeled Unicorn Hair. Then, he took out another flask labeled Water. Why? I guess maybe there were other dangerous chemicals that look similar to water. He took two spoonfuls of the Bone Powder and poured them into the flask of water. He took a little Unicorn Hair out of the jar and separated them, throwing some hairs in the mix and putting the remaining back in the jar. Then he turned to me and asked, "Do you still have that sword you got from the lake?"