2.Snake? Snake?! Snaaaaake!

Despite my chaotic tantrum yesterday, I found Latin the easiest subject. English was probably the worst. For some odd reason, my dyslexia coped with Greek writing more than English writing. Which was weird, since I've never read Greek before. Ever since I woke up, something felt wrong, as if a storm was approaching. Except that there was nothing wrong with the weather. Instead I felt as if I was being watched.

I tried to solve the exam questions but I had an instinct to jump up and escape this prison. *Cough*. Sorry. I meant classroom. I glanced at the clock and realised that only seven minutes were left and I still had six questions to go. I looked at my paper and read the next question. 'For what reason was Tantalus punished by the gods?' I vaguely remembered something about him chopping his own son and cooking him in a stew, then feeding the stew to the gods. I shuddered in repulsion, then I jotted that down.

Six minutes.

Five minutes.

Four minutes.

Three.

Two.

One.

As soon as the bell rang, the students went wild and hollered, running down the hall. I was about to join them, but I was stopped by a hand on my shoulder. I looked back to see my Latin teacher, Ms. Mantica, say, "Hello, dear". That was weird since all she did was scold me for being 'disruptive'. She grinned and said, "You probably already failed your testsssss. I can end your worries now, demigod." Demigod?  Before I could do anything, her skin turned scaly and green and her jaw unhinged. She held a weighted net in one hand and an actual spear in the other.

I scrambled back only to see that where her legs were supposed to be, were two lime green snake trunks instead. I was frozen in shock as she hefted her spear, ready to gut me, but a voice shook me out of it. "Hey!"

I couldn't believe it was my closet friend, Ben. He wasn't in school but we hung out with each other often. He had crutches, but I didn't pity him like some people do. He hates it when people treat him as a 'poor disabled child'. Whenever I told him about the weird stuff I've seen, we would listen and look like he was believing every single word I said, then he would change the subject. "Hey, you! Ugly!" The snake lady snarled and turned to him.

He glanced at me then at the spear in the snake lady's hand. It took me a moment but I realised and understood what he wanted me to do. He would distract her and I had to sneak up, take the spear and stab her. Ben looked back at the snake lady and exclaimed, "Yes! You! I'm a demigod too, you know?" The snake lady sneered and hissed, "Lies, you are only a pathetic satyr. As for the girl," she turned around to face me but I was right behind her.

Her surprise slackened her grip on the spear so I grabbed it and struck her with speed I never knew I had. She exploded into yellow dust, revealing Ben at the door. "Come on," he said "You need to come with me. There's a place where you can be safe." He hurried out the door and I had no choice but to follow him.

A/N Pretty cool, huh? Off to Camp Half-Blood next chapter!