6.He Asked You Out Didn't He?

A/N Here's a long juicy chapter to make up for the long wait. My friend and I made up a character. Now Will and Nico are almost together and Thalassa takes a liking to a certain someone *wink*.

Will's POV

I was always laid back until Nico came around. Sometimes I was my happy and cheerful self around him, other times I was nervous and flustered whenever he looked at me with those onyx eyes. I remembered when the war with Gaea had ended a few months ago and I made Nico stay in the infirmary for three days. Partly because he was in grave danger (even though he doesn't realise), and partly because I wanted to get to know him. It paid off. I became his closest friend, even though Percy knew him longer. I'm not sure when, but I started liking him as more than a friend. I think it was when he admitted that he liked boys. I thought of ways to ask him out but it never crossed my mind that Nico would make the first move. Maybe he just kissed my cheek so I would glow, to help us find our way back to camp. But from the way he was blushing, he seemed to have willingly made that move, not just because we needed to find our way back to camp. And instead of just my hair glowing (yeah, I know. Like from Tangled. I've heard that many times), my whole body glowed. That must have meant I was beyond happy. Ecstatic, probably. But then Nico started dragging me along and said, "Let's go, Will. Some people don't understand privacy." Then he glared at a bunch of bushes. Was someone watching us? They would've attacked by now if they were a threat. Who in the world would... Oh. I remembered all those times Jason and Percy attempted making jokes about Nico and Will. Hey Nico, Jason said once. You look a little... Sun kissed, today. I thought it was funny but Nico sent a couple of skeletons after Jason which changed the situation from funny to hilarious. Jason and Percy must have been spying on us during capture the flag. I'll get them later. I thought.

Nico led me through the woods. Despite that I've been in Camp Half-Blood longer than him, he knew the forest like the back of his hand. I kept stumbling over tree roots blindly, my face getting whipped by branches. Neither of us talked on the way. My glow was fading away but we made it through the woods before the light was fully out. We climbed down the hills and I saw Connor Stoll running up to us, saying, "You're alive! Capture the Flag ended half an hour ago and we thought you were dead! But where's Jason, Percy and Thalassa? Aren't they with you?" But just then, when we looked back, we saw the missing three pop out of the trees. Each one with a mischievous smirk plastered across their faces. When they reached us, I gave a fake smile and spoke a chant in my mind. Tomorrow, the things they say will surprise them. Thalassa looked at me and her eyebrows scrunched together. She seemed to realise I was up to something and immediately looked worried. I didn't curse her because I knew Percy and Jason must have pulled her into spying on Nico and I. Also because she was intelligent enough to realise that there would be consequences, where as Percy was stupidly grinning and Jason gave me a sly smile while leaning over to me and whispering, "Told you Nico can surprise you." Yup. I was giving them the worst curse of all. Being a child of Apollo can benefit you sometimes, like now. Nico scowled at him with a look of pure hatred and the ground shook. He screamed out and a dozen bony hands erupted from the ground. The skeletons clawed their way out of the earth and stood up, awaiting Nico's orders. "Stratiótes," he yelled. "Epíthesi Jason Grace!" Nico usually only summoned a couple of skeletons, but he never went this far. Jason sprinted away with a look of terror on his face as the skeletons chased him. Percy followed the skeletons and tried to kill them, while Thalassa just just stood there with a shocked look on her face. Then she laughed and said, "THAT WAS AWESOME! I wish I could do that. Nico?" Nico stumbled and I caught him. "See, Death Boy? You can't keep overtaxing your abilities. You have to spend two days in the infirmary with me, doctor's orders." I hauled him up and proceeded to carry him to the infirmary.

Nico's POV

Will carried me across camp and into the infirmary. I was a little tired, but it wasn't that bad. I tried to tell Will I was fine but he insisted. Heat rose up my neck upon remembering that I kissed him. Even if it was on the cheek, that was as far as I went with showing affection. I sometimes kissed my sister, Hazel, on the cheek or forehead to show that she was my most favourite person in the world. And that stupid mistake was all because of my slip up. Ugh. I buried my face in my hands in shame. I was still in Will's arms so it was difficult to do. Wait, I thought. Will was still carrying me. Why didn't he run away and call me a freak? "You know, Death Boy," he chuckled. "I like you too." My insecure brain was still unsure, "As a friend or, um... Something more?" I wanted to mentally face palm myself for saying something so stupid, but Will just laughed and said, "Well, what do you think?"