Chapter Two: So We Meet...

The next morning when I left my room, Ambrianna was in the living room shooing the man from the night before. As he headed toward the door, she gave him a kiss and then shoved him. I'd never understand why she did what she did. She didn't need to drink or do any of the things that she did. She was too pretty to behave like a ho when she was drunk and I knew it. I'd never say that to her face though. I knew better. That was too long of a road to attempt to go down.

"What kinda store did you go to that it took you that long to get back?" she questioned as she tied the sash on the robe that she was wearing.

I sighed inwardly. "The store was empty. I had to wait for Raheem and the others to get through with their smoke from outside."

I was assuming that they had been smoking. I couldn't be certain.

She huffed and ran a hand through her hair as she grabbed air freshener and began to spray it around the living room. She grabbed a sponge and Spic and Span before she went to cleaning the living room floor. That was one thing that I could admire about Ambrianna, she always cleaned up the areas that she had sex in.

"Next time just come back here and then we'll arrange something else," she said, right before she sneezed. She was on her knees scrubbing the hardwood floor and her boobs were practically hanging out of her robe. I turned my head away disgusted.

She laughed. "No need to be ashamed, Lakeisha," she said. "We're women. We all have breasts."

I shook my head. "That doesn't mean that I want to see them," I responded. "That scars people for life."

"Whatever, go take a shower and get dressed, Lakeisha. We're going somewhere today. It's about time that you met some people. They've been pestering me to introduce you."

As she spoke, I looked at her. Normally, I'd think nothing of her saying anything like that, but her tone held something else in it that made me think something was up. That meant it was probably something that I wouldn't like. Ambrianna never took me to meet people before. She always told me that people she hung around were either "too grown" for me or "too much to handle". I always scoffed at that. I didn't think any man would ever be too much for me to handle. Young as I was, I felt like I had the ability to hook a man around my finger like Ambrianna did.

Turning on my heel, I headed to the bathroom and stripped down. Stepping into the shower, I adjusted the knobs and turned on the water. I'd have to be quick about it because the hot water never lasted longer than twenty minutes. Everyone in the apartment building was linked to the same water pipelines, so if someone took too long in the shower, than every felt the effects of it. I was just hoping that the water lasted long enough. Using the thread bare towel and soap bar, I ran it over my body until I was clean.

When the water started to change temperature, I turned it off and stepped out. Realizing that I had left my towel in the bedroom, I peeked my head out in the hall. Not seeing anyone, I quickly darted down the hall to my room, hearing laughter behind me. I groaned, not sure of who had seen me naked. There hadn't been anyone in the house, so it must've been Ambrianna.

I slammed the door shut and grabbed my towel and began to dry myself off. As I dropped the towel and headed for my dresser to get some clothes the door opened and I jumped. I didn't even turn around. I was used to Ambrianna sometimes bursting into my room and taking shirts to go with some of her outfits. We alternated clothes at times. It wasn't often, but it did happen.

"What kind of shirt you looking for?" I asked, going through my draws.

I pulled out a pair of bikini underwear and slid into them. Once I had them on I turned and a small shriek escaped my mouth. Then embarrassment and fear took over.