Chapter Seventeen: Duty Calls (Part I)

What the hell was this bitch looking at like that? I didn’t give a fuck about where we were. It’d be on and popping, if she kept looking at me like that. What was she doing here anyway?

“Yeah, bitch it’s us again,” Maria piped in. “The fuck you want?”

I mugged her just in time to see Shay approach with a scowl on her face as she looked at us. I didn’t care about that either.

“What you uppity hos doing up in here? Last I heard pregnant bitches don’t need birth control. Unless, you’re talking about an abortion. I’m not so sure Viktor even knows about this…Maybe I should enlighten him.”

“Hos?” I snapped. “Nah, we ain’t the ones pressed up on niggas nuts like it ain’t no tomorrow. Watch yo damn mouth tossing around shit like you ain’t got no sense. You ain’t gone tell Vik shit about my girl trying to get an abortion. I’ll beat the fuck out of you.”

Maria scowled as she rose to her feet, fisting her hands and resting them on her hips. “I ain’t got no qualms about beating a bitch ass,” she added. “Don’t come at me like that. Skank ass ho.”

Jafari rose to his feet too, looking at all of us. “Y’all know them?” he asked LiLi.

“Of course,” the bitch responded. “They rode up on my house the other day on some madness thinking I was hiding that pregnant bitch’s man.”

“You was lucky wasn’t,” I retorted.

He scratched his head. “I might want to fuck with them. I can’t do that if y’all over starting World War III with them,” he told her.

I looked over at him and rolled my eyes. “That’s not going to ever happen,” I snapped. “You might as well get them ideas out of yo’ thick head.”

He ignored me and continued speaking with them.

“Fari,” LiLi snapped, “gone somewhere you ain’t got a rat’s ass chance with these two anyway. They associated with that nigga Angel. That’s Vik’s girl and Angel is up to his ears involved with that one.”

At Angel’s name Jafari tensed and then glanced from me to Maria and back, before a slow grin took over his face. “Nice,” he murmured. “Darius will be pleased. An opportunity like this rarely ever presents itself.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Maria snapped.

I looked at her and shook my head. Pregnant or not Maria was down and I loved that about her. It was no wonder that we were as thick as thieves. I didn’t want my ass getting snatched up by some ignorant as youngin though. I refused to be used to have vengeance sought on Angel. I wouldn’t go down without a fight. Being surrounded by bitches I didn’t like and little niggas who needed to get a clue had me on the edge.

“If I was you taco eating muthafuckin’ bitch I’d keep my fat mouth shut. Pregnant or not I’ll beat—” one of LiLi’s friends starting speaking and I immediately became pissed.

“Nah, bitch you got the game twisted. I will fucking kill you before you lay hands on her,” I retorted rising to my feet.

Till then I had been seated and watching the exchange, but now I was taking a stand. Bitches always thought they was big and bad when another bitch was pregnant. It was like a woman being pregnant made them think they could run all over her and no one else would have her back. I wasn’t having it. Then to add in racial slurs? That was a bit over the damn borderline.

She scoffed. “Bitch please. You forgetting you ain’t on the East end with all them other Mexican muthafuckas. You on the North end with us Black folk. You will get hurt—”