Chapter Seventeen: Duty Calls (Part II)

Here's the rest of Chapter Seventeen. 

Part II

“Alright the pregnant bitch can walk,” Darius agreed. “Bitch go back into the clinic.”

I knew Maria damn well and she was a spitfire. She was going to go the fuck off on him. I didn’t want that. She had an outing, she’d better get to taking it before I beat her ass. As she smacked her lips, I grabbed her arm.

“Go get your ass in that clinic,” I ordered. “You’ve got a child to think about.”

“I’ve got my man and my sister to worry about.”

“So go worry about us from the clinic.”

She huffed and then turned and started into the clinic.

“On second thought, y’all bitches get the fuck over here or I’m gone shoot one y’all.”

Viktor’s voice rang through the parking lot.

“They ain’t going nowhere. Before they make two steps that way, you’ll have two bullets straight to the head.”

Darius chuckled. “And you kill me, y’all some dead muthafuckas.”

I watched him noting that this was a cold man who held no emotion or any kind of remorse on his face. He was apparently laughing in the face of danger and at us.

“You touch them and all y’all some dead muthafuckas,” Viktor retorted.

I was silent for a moment as I stood there, glancing between both groups. Had Viktor got ahold of Angel before he came here? I wondered. I hoped like hell he had. Angel would bring back up. On another note if Angel was coming then it was likely this nigga had people coming too. I wasn’t sure why or how I ended up in these situations but they all centered back around to the fact that I was around people caught up in the drug world. Illegal muthafuckas who didn’t give a damn about killing a nigga to gain his own means.

Regardless of if I left and went somewhere else I’d still be linked. I knew too many damn people involved with all of this. It was times like this that I wished that I had been a good little girl and taken going to college serious like Ambrianna had told me to. After her death I had taken heed of it. I’d gotten jobs up to my neck and then turned around and lived life.

If I hadn’t been so worried about my social life and had gone to college then I wouldn’t be here today. It was pointless to think of ‘what ifs’ though. I was here and this was now. I had to deal with the now and survive. Guns were at every angle and there was no advantage. If the cops came then I had no doubt that there’d be dead bodies everywhere. Shit, I didn’t want to be on a wanted list.

“She stays,” I told Darius. “I can’t believe this is coming down to pussy ass niggas thinking that it’s okay to fucking mess with pregnant women.”

I shook my head.

Damn!

Maria moved closer to me. “Where you go, I go,” she said, loyally. “What Vik says goes. If he don’t want us going over that big headed muthafucka, then we ain’t going. Viktor has experience he knows what the fuck he doing. If we go with them ho ass niggas, then we ain’t making it back alive. They’d kill just to punish Angel and Vik. I don’ know about you, but I’m down for my nigga.”

I thought over her words and nodded my head. She was right. There was no guarantee that we’d make it back home alive, if not damaged in some manner. It was smart, but it also meant there was a chance that this crazy nigga would start shooting. He had already threatened. I stood next to Maria. If she wasn’t going, then I wasn’t going. I wasn’t leaving her open and vulnerable to attack.