II - Reunion

(image of Maria Swann)

Maria Swann POV
Years have passed and I was left to take care of mother and the paperworks father needed me to attend to when he he left with Elizabeth.. and as those years passed, mother grew ill.. as much as I don't let myself be seen by her, she would call for me and I would go to her side.. She would apologize for ignoring me all these years, but I kept telling her there was nothing to forgive as she has done nothing wrong.. the day of her passing was the day I decided to journey to father to deliver the news personally.. I dressed in an mother had given me as she had tries to spoil me with gifts in her remaining years. At first, I never once took a glance at it for I fancied simpler dresses that are far more easy to move in.. but to honor her death, I shall wear them.. And since I dare not style my long, waist-length hair, I let it be as I drape a cloak around me.. the sun and I don't get along as much as my flesh would redden at too much contact with sunlight as I had isolated myself from it for most of my life now.. I had worn dark heels and dark gloves(note that all her gloves are the long ones that pass her elbows) as well.. and I had a dark parasol with me in case I am in need of it.. I had packed my belongings and was now on my way to Port Royal, where the rest of my family lives now.. "We shall meet again, sister, father.." I say as I board the ship that would take me from England to Port Royal for at most, a month.

the journey was rather boring as I stayed in my cabin the whole time.. I still stay away from society and other people as I don't really socialize.. nor know how to speak with many..

Weatherby Swann POV
I was informed that a ship was to arrive in a few short hours and I had met up with Captain Norrington to discuss about the reason the ship will be here for. "..it has come to my attention that a ship will be arriving.. do you know the reason why?" he asks with his back towards me, glazing at the open sea "in all honesty, Captain, I do not. I came here to ask you of the same question.." I went to his side to search the sea for the arriving ship, when he took out his spyglass and had a look. "and seems that the mystery to which the reason of the ship to be here will be answered soon enough." he states then hands me the spyglass. I looked and saw the ship, advancing to harbor.

Once the ship had docked, a woman in dark clothing, gloves and cloak and a parasol at hand exit the vessel. She looked highly suspicious from how the hood of the cloak had mask her face but her form and movements are very graceful. once she set foot on the docks, guns we aimed at her. "please remove the hood and show your face." an officer tell her, but she seemed to not show fear at all. She merely sighed and straighten her posture a bit more.. "honestly.. I am not surprise.. is this how modern men act and greet a lady?" the woman says and I would recognize her voice anywhere. "Maria?" I state her name and she turns to my direction. from under her hood I saw a smile before she curtsied "Greetings, father."

James Norrington POV
"Greetings, father." the girl greets and I recognize the voice.. 'the voice of the 'ghost' I met in the Library all those years ago.. I could never forget the powerful emotion as she reenacted Hamlet.' I eye the hooded maiden. "Put your bloody guns down! that's my daughter!" Governor Swann orders as he makes his way to his said daughter and pulled her in an embrace. "it's so good to see you again! out, in the outdoors! tell me, how's Elethea?" at this, the hooded girl lowers her head "that is what I'm here for, Father.. I traveled from England to tell you the devastating news.. mother grew terribly ill and I had the best doctors I could contact to help her.. but... she passed.." the smile on the Governor's face had fallen as the girl had started sobbing as she told him the news. "oh my dear child.. it must have been awful to witness your mother's passing in front of you very eyes.." he holds he girl tighter. after a while, they pull away and Governor Swann goes to wipe the tears from under the hood. "Come now, let me see my darling sweet girl's face. I have seen that beautiful face of your's in ages!" Governor goes to unhood the girl, but she back away. "Father, no.. I've grown sensitivity to sun from my years of hiding from it...." she confesses and the Governor frowns "how unfortunate.. and here I long to see the face of my beloved daughter." Governor states in sadness. "....well.. as long as the sun doesn't hit me directly.. I will be fine.." the girl opens her parasol and covers herself from the sunlight then proceeds to unhood herself(looks like pic). I couldn't help but gasp, so did everyone else.. the workers had stopped what they were doing and looked at the porcelain skinned beauty. "it was getting rather warm under that cloak." the beauty smiles at the frozen Governor.

Maria Swann POV
"father..?" I wave my gloved hand to my father's face as he stood there frozen.. the people around me seemed frozen as well.. "father?" I called him back again and he shook his head. he the beamed at me and took my by the waist, raised me and spun me. I clung onto my parasol as my life depends on it.. when he set me down, he let out a hearty laugh. "My daughter! so long I didn't get to watch you grow! and look at you now, you've grown to be a such a beauty!" father exclaims then calls for a Captain by the name of Norrington, a familiar name.. when the man did not come, father goes and takes my hand and lend me towards a familiar face.. "Captain, I'd like you to meet my lovely youngest daughter, Maria Swann. Maria, this fine gentleman is Captain James Norrington." father introduces us. the man blinked multiple times before he gives a friendly bow. "Miss Swann, it's a pleasure to finally and officially meet you again." he says and I was a bit confused and simply hid behind father.. "you two met..?" father questions "I believe so.. years ago at the party you held. I stumbled upon the library where she reenacts Hamlet, Act III, Scene 1.. Hamlet's part as he enters.. it was a very passionate and full of emotion.. I was drawn to it.." the Captain says and my cheeks starts to warm when I start to remember our first meeting.. when he caught me reenacting Hamlet.. 'so he's the one who came when I was unaware.. I'm a bit surprised that he even remembered..' "is that so? Maria, dear, don't be rude. Greet the man." father tells me. "h-Hello.." I say and gave a short nod as a sign of remembrance and curtsy. I saw father smile and then he chuckles. "still so shy around others, my dear? you haven't changed at all." he says, mused. with my pale complexion, everyone can visibly see and tell how flushed I am.

after being introduced to a few more people, such as Sir Beckett, Sir Groves, Sir Gillete and more other members of the Navy, father had Captain Norrington escort me to our home where Elizabeth would be. The carriage ride is rather awkward as I would ignore him or face the window, showing discomfort.. I really don't like people to be staring at me so much.. "i-it's rather rude to stare.." I state "f-forgive me, Miss Swann.. I just seem to be awestruck by your beauty.. I can't help but stare.." he reasons then I felt his stare go.. I just stayed silent, waiting for the ride to be over. Captain seemed to have gone silent as well for my comfort. Once we arrived, Captain offered his hand to help me out of the carriage and I hesitantly accepted after I opened my parasol.. he seemed to be pleased that I had accepted his hand. He then escorts me to the door and knocked twice before someone opens the door lets us in as soon as the Captain greeted them.

Elizabeth Swann POV
Anne, a maid, came to get me from my quarters as she informs me that Captain Norrington and another guest had come to visit. I rushed to prepare myself. 'what on earth does he want?' I wonder to myself as I try to think of reasons why the bloody hell would he be here.. I exit my room and descend from the stairway to the parlor room where he waits. "Captain Norrington, to what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?" I ask as I enter the room and found him, with his back facing me. He slowly turns and smiles at me. "Hello Elizabeth. I'm simply here to escort someone here." he says then gestures towards a lady that stood and turned my direction with such grace. "Elizabeth.. do you remember me?" she asks and I ran towards her and engulf her in an embrace. "Mari!! you're here!!" I partially screamed "oh my gosh, I miss you so!" I squeeze her and I felt her tap my back "e-Elizabeht... i-i ne-n-need ai-i-air..!!" I hear her say and I release her. "I'm sorry.. it's just.. oh my gosh! I can't believe you're actually here!" I pulled her for another squeezing embrace and she returns it this time. then James coughed and cleared his throat. I release my little sister and we turned towards him. "well then, pardon me as I take my leave. until another time, Miss Swann, young Miss Swann." he takes a short bow and his eyes went to Mari for a second and I notice a warm twinkle in his eyes as he did. "t-thank you for escorting me here, Captain Norrington.." Mari curtsied at him to hide the rosy blush she has on her face and I notice his eyes twinkled brighter. with our final farewell, we saw James out. And soon as he left, I drag Mari with me to my quarters and we got to know what we have been doing over the years.. and the news about mother... I was happy with the fact that I got my sister back and that she will be staying with me and father forever.